42-Story High-Rise For Block 98, Behind Hess Tower

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Height: 468’ Work begins 4/20, light one up for this one 😆    https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=430526526&row=2

https://www.highstreetresidential.com/en/portfolio/block-98   42-stories, 2Q 2022 completion  

Rendering from this past March.  

Posted Images

Interesting, based on the latest pics this will be built like 111 W 57th in NYC where the two smaller sides are basically solid allowing for the skinny/thinner construction. 

As for the lot it is my understanding that the architect for Hess tower convinced Hess to build the garage on a portion of the block and save the rest for future development. However that is only based on rumors/hearsay. Maybe others on here can confirm if true. 

Edited by urbanize713
  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hindesky said:

I wonder what this blue steel form is for? This looks like it might be the elevator shaft but I doubt that worn out piece of steel will be part of the finished building.

Is it not just part of the form for the central core/elevator shafts like the blue steel here on the Allen Project. 

VIxNZND.jpg

• Like 9

I wonder what this blue steel form is for? This looks like it might be the elevator shaft but I doubt that worn out piece of steel will be part of the finished building.

Its self climbing formwork.  Here is a decent video explaining how it works:

PERI ACS Core 400 Climbing Formwork - Customer Testimonial - YouTube

Long story short:  It is a faster, cheaper, and safer way to place concrete for repetitive vertical stuff like elevator and stair shafts.  All of it gets removed at the completion of the concrete work and sent to the next project. 

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to 42-Story High-Rise For Block 98, Behind Hess Tower
11 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

F8ACE7CD-CB87-4840-989A-7551A82499C9.jpeg

It’s probably just there because the renderer added it - but there is a residential looking high rise just to the left of the Marriott that doesn’t seem to exist yet?

24 minutes ago, arche_757 said:

It’s probably just there because the renderer added it - but there is a residential looking high rise just to the left of the Marriott that doesn’t seem to exist yet?

I’d guess that’s Catalyst (behind Alexan Downtown) 

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bassclef said:

Will this building have its own parking garage or will they have to share the one next door? Is this building touching the garage? If not, it's interesting how they build it inches apart.

The parking garage is in the building, it's the floors above the first floor lobby area, looks like 7 to 9 floors of parking.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...