Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 4:45 PM, swtsig said:

i've never understood these types of bumps... since when has any major news gone unannounced here??? if it was dead or moving forward someone would've said something. honestly can't remember the last time someone bumped a thread like this and received some groundbreaking news in response.

carry on.

Ha!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, lockmat said:

Pedestrians will get to behold the beauty of the tower's parking garage, or more likely half-vomit their schwarma from Phoenicia's.

They'll be doing better than the folks that walk off of the skybridge to nowhere. 

Seriously though, it would be interesting to see if they would join up the Marriott to the Hess garage and then on through to Houston Center to the tunnel system.  I bet the Marriott would love that.

This would somewhat "wall off" the view from DG and obscure the Hampton/Homewood a bit more. I like the canyon feel of DG, and everyone hates looking at the Hampton Inn.  The Camden Tower might help a bit too, but they really need something big on the block across Dallas (?) from One Park Place.

• Like 3

I hope it comes true this time. The groundbreaking dates for this building have been so numerous they are beginning to resemble the cyclic end of the world pronoucements. If it is built it will be a skyline enhancer. With this and the Camden there will be only two more residentials left to build: the other camden and a residential tower on around the 1800 block of Main. What a tremendous change in downtown residential!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

I hope it comes true this time. The groundbreaking dates for this building have been so numerous they are beginning to resemble the cyclic end of the world pronoucements. If it is built it will be a skyline enhancer. With this and the Camden there will be only two more residentials left to build: the other camden and a residential tower on around the 1800 block of Main. What a tremendous change in downtown residential!

don't forget the one North of Minute Maid... that one on half the block. I believe same developer as Catalyst...

Anyway, I agree - If we get this and Camden (always considered the two towers will come in phases), then there is really just a few projects we don't see movement on. I always hoped the activity was a kick start to constant residential development downtown. If downtown starts to fill up with people... imagine what kind of height we can see...

• Like 5

By my calculations approximately 3678 residential units are UC or have been finished in the last four years. With Block 98  and the Camden another 589 units will be built. This will leave approximately 865 units from the Fairfield, the Marquette  ( north of MMP) and the other Camden. This comes to a grand total of 5132. This includes both DLI and non-DLI influenced construction. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Twinsanity02 said:

By my calculations approximately 3678 residential units are UC or have been finished in the last four years. With Block 98  and the Camden another 589 units will be built. This will leave approximately 865 units from the Fairfield, the Marquette  ( north of MMP) and the other Camden. This comes to a grand total of 5132. This includes both DLI and non-DLI influenced construction. 

Thanks for doing the math!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

I think the brick rendering is the newer, extant, rendering.  No?

I feel like I remember the brick rendering being earlier and the other renderings coming out later. They seem like better quality. Could be wrong.

I like the non-brick ones much better myself.

• Like 1

Not sure what is the current, operative rendering, but FWIW, the first rendering posted here at HAIF, back in late 2013, appeared to be non-brick. 

Then in early 2014, a new, brick, design was posted.

In March 2015 a new Ziegler Cooper glass aluminum and stone design was posted.

Then in July 2017, the brick rendering is posted again, but it was just from an updated Downtown Development Map listing.  Those Downtown Development Maps have not been particularly reliable as to renderings.

So, following the chronology of renderings posted here at HAIF, the best guess seems to be that the glass aluminum and stone design is the extant design.

• Like 2