Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

Wait, how can they start if the tower itself will take up the whole parking surface? Wouldn't they have to move the construction trailers off the site for them to start?

The trailers will be there for a while. This tower isn't set to go up until the beginning of next year. I guess it is just early preparation for both this tower and perhaps Marriott Marquis across the street, though I doubt any debris would be able to get to this parking garage from there.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

At the same time, this one isn't going away. BisNow included a mention of it in today's edition. Along with a 6-story residential also being developed by Trammell Crow but not shown on the development map. 

the other one isnt listed on the development map anymore? weird. its called Alexan Downtown i believe.. heres the thread for it.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/30294-block-73-6-story-267-unit-residential-building/?hl=%2Bdowntown+%2Bresidential#entry460043

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Houston Chron has also updated this as under construction. Last I checked over the weekend, there were still trailers here.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/slideshow/Highrises-under-construction-in-the-Houston-area-96439/photo-6201257.php

Edit: I believe this won't start until the beginning of next year.

Edited by Triton
  • Like 1

Yeah.  The "writing" accompanying the picture of the 40-story Block 98 building describes the Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites development at Crawford and Rusk. That is under construction.  Had anyone at the Chron actually looked at their little slide show and accompanying narrative, even they probably  could have figured out that the building pictured was more than the 14 stories described.   The Chronicle embarrasses again.

• Like 3

The Chronicle embarrasses again.

This is true. But, let's face it, the Chron like many other papers is under financial duress. Quality is suffering. That said, the reason that the Chron is suffering is because of people like me. I didn't pay the chron a dime to see that slideshow. They had all the expense to create it and got zip from me. That is at least part of the problem.

For those of you who subscribe to the chronicle, you have every right to complain. Me? Nah, I get what I paid. I really have no right to cast stones.

Edited by UtterlyUrban
  • Like 1

This is true. But, let's face it, the Chron like many other papers is under financial duress. Quality is suffering. That said, the reason that the Chron is suffering is because of people like me. I didn't pay the chron a dime to see that slideshow. They had all the expense to create it and got zip from me. That is at least part of the problem.

For those of you who subscribe to the chronicle, you have every right to complain. Me? Nah, I get what I paid. I really have no right to cast stones.

It is true that newspapers are under great financial duress. On the other hand, you have an army of smart, ultra-talented writers from the top journalism schools in the country who can't find jobs, and would kill to work for a newspaper as big as the Chronicle at low pay. I had a friend who went to the Columbia School of Journalism (one of the top 2 in the country) back in '03-'05 and the best job he could get was a small daily in rural Pennsylvania, for which he worked 70 hour weeks. Finally got burnt out and gave up journalism to do tech writing for an engineering firm. If there is someone at the Chronicle who can't read fast, spell, or match pictures with their descriptions, they should be replaced by one of the thousands of people who are salivating for that job.

• Like 1

They made money off you just the same. Didn't you notice all of the advertising?

• Like 1

The previous unit count was 309 in a 40 floor building, or slightly more than 7.5 per floor. Unless there's a density increase, the floor count would have to be 40 atop 12 (or beside 12).

Incidentally, the initial rendering of the building appeared to be 23 atop 9.

Edited by toxtethogrady
  • Like 1

There's not. There would likely be 28 levels of residences on top of the 12 floors of parking. A 52 story residential would be the second tallest residential in the state, just behind the austonian, right?

In number of floors... building heights can be deciving.  Petronas Towers "passed" the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) in total height, but certainly not in the number of floors, or even highest floor level.

I was going to say a 52 floor tower with 40 floors of residential was looking to be quite ambitious.

• Like 1

They made money off you just the same. Didn't you notice all of the advertising?

I did notice that.

I'll best that their web operations aren't profitable. So, my guess is that they still didn't make any money off of me. And, that's unfortunate for them. I do subscribe to the WSJ but I see little reason to subscribe to the Chron.

Anyway, back to the subject of the thread. I hope that this project kicks off in early 2015. My guess is that they will tie the garage podium for the new structure into the existing garage somehow so that they can use the existing garage structure (ramps, etc.) and leave just parking spaces for residents and guests underneath the new tower.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...