Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

i assume that skywalk connects to the marriott? this is trammel crow's project, right?

My thinking is, the skybridge will connet to this project from Marriott Marquis BUT the main purpose of it will be to connect Marriott Marquis to the Hess Tower (which in turn connects it to the rest of dowtown via the tunnels and skybridges) by taking the skybridge that connects to their parking garage.

If that happens, it would establish a link of the tunnel system all the way to GRB via skywalks and the Park Shops.

Not sure anyone feels about that though lol

Edited by tigereye
  • Like 1

It is a wonderful pool, but they weren't thinking about afternoon sun which is why most people go out to sit by the pool and this looks to loose the sun by early noon.

I'm sure they thought about that. But the combo of the pool amenity and the view over discovery is worth it.  

• Like 1

It is a wonderful pool, but they weren't thinking about afternoon sun which is why most people go out to sit by the pool and this looks to loose the sun by early noon.

Weeeeeeeeell, we still haven't seen the other side so there could be an equally sized pool on the other side. Probably not but we just don't know.

Or they could fashion a skylight that reflected the sun onto the deck regardless of time of day. Now that would be cool.

Maybe they could get the designers of the Inferno Tower in Dallas to pitch in on the Marriott Marquis facade.

• Like 3

I think this is a better alignment than the Hilton top floor pool.

At the Hilton you have great views on the westside but the south and east side is bla, and you have no view of the north/ discogreen side.

I would rather overlook the park than the roof of the Toyota center anyday

Edited by HoustonIsHome

The best example is one park place. They have a huge pool deck, beatifully landscaped, and facing west to get maximum sun exposure. However, in my opinion, they should've have it facing discovery green to get much better views. The would still get some southern exposure.

The best example is one park place. They have a huge pool deck, beatifully landscaped, and facing west to get maximum sun exposure. However, in my opinion, they should've have it facing discovery green to get much better views. The would still get some southern exposure.

There is a huge function room and enourmous patio at OPP that faces east on the 8th floor ( same level as the pool). Sun pours in during morning hours. Not the same as the pool facing the green but, quite nice none- the-less.