Hotel ZaZa & The McCarthy Apartments Memorial City

Urbannizer

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This has been a staging and parking site for the construction of the new Jonathan's Rub behind the Nexen building.  The Hotel ZaZa project has not begun, although it looks like the building that housed the seafood restaurant and tanning salon is now being demo'ed.  

• 2 months later...

nothing has started on that plot, my guess would be that it won't happen until the air liquid center is complete.... and then again they may start on that dillards tower before this one too.

• 2 months later...

including WF?  i was told very matter of factly about a month ago that WF is not part of their plans anymore.  Zaza still is though.

I am honestly not sure, swtsig. I do not have the details of what is included in the project still.

• 4 months later...

med.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/h0ul5cjvp/med.jpg

Here it its, possibly the final plan for the area. Now that the Air Liquide project is finishing up the Hotel Zaza project is next on the list for Metro National. Ciro's and the tanning place will be torn down and relocated on the property. A fitness center will be added to the back side of the Murphy garage. A sky bridge will be added to connect across Memorial City Way. One final office building will be built on the grassy knoll. Lastly, due to its success at City Centre, the almighty green space will be added to the property. All this should be completed prior to the super bowl. 

Can you imagine the hospital, mall, and bunker hill west being connected in one coherent walkable district? That would be pretty cool.

I mean, one can hope right?

THENNNNNN, greater Memorial City can be integrated into Citycentre along I10 to form one large west Houston district...

We'll call it the WHE8 district. West Houston, East of 8: WHE8. We'll pronounce like 'wait' or 'weight'.

Then we can have this amazing Abbott and Costello routine when we describe the area:

Person: Where do you live?

Me: WHE8.

Person: Sure, answer when you can.

Me: I did

Person: Did what?

Me: Answered your question.

Person: No you didn't. You said wait.

Me: Exactly.

Hilarious Houston Home Humor.

Archived