Urbannizer

Hotel Zaza Memorial City — Katy FWY and Bunker Hill

Listed as "on the boards". Anyone have more info? Really nice for the area.

Bunker-Hill-1.jpg

• 12-story apartment high rise
  • 348 units
  • 64,500 square foot of amenities
  • 26,000 square foot retail space
  • 44,000 square foot Whole Foods​​

Bunker-Hill-4.jpg

Bunker-Hill-2.jpg

Bunker-Hill-3.jpg

Bunker-Hill-siteplan-copy.jpg

Bunker-Hill-Top-roof-copy.jpg

http://www.humphreys.com/portfolio/on-the-boards-5/

Edit: Metronational is the developer.

Edited by Urbannizer
  • Like 4

where did you get 12 stories? i count at least 17 in the highrise.

so will this technically be part of the Memorial City skyline?

Edited by cloud713

To bad something like this isnt being built in midtown

Stuff like this will eventually get built in midtown, but for now west houston is red hot.

• Like 1

Stuff this nice doesn't get built in Houston. I don't see it happening. Sorry to be a debby downer, haha :P

• Like 1

...yeah this really needs to be in Midtown.

Montrose needs to be completely surrounded by Whole Foods'.

I meant the resi high rise + significant retail. I would prefer a different grocer.

I meant the resi high rise + significant retail. I would prefer a different grocer.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I think a Whole Foods in Midtown would make a lot of sense.

But yes, this building, regardless of tenants, seems perfect for midtown. 

• Like 1

Where in Midtown? There aren't any lots wide enough, and for length, the City would have to agree to close another street and give it to the developer.

Well the building would certainly have to be smaller to fit midtown's smaller lots. 

This is definitely the *type* of building that should be built in midtown though. 

*actually, with the way it's elevated over its own parking lot, it could even span two blocks without closing the street, Wortham style.

Today I saw that behind the Nexen building they have plans on building another shopping center and it looks like Johnathan's The Rub is moving there! I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow. 

Well that's pretty cool. Looks like this one is a serious proposal.

So the total height of the complex is 19 floors? (12 story residential on top of 7 story podium)

i count 5 stories that would be the Hotel ZaZa, but yes, just the lower horizontal part thats above the 2 stories of retail. the high rise is a residential tower, and i still dont see where they are coming up with "12 floors" for the high rise, unless the top floors are penthouses with two floors.. i count 17-18 floors/balconies (kind of hard to tell if the top row is an 18th floor or just an overhang/roof for the balcony on floor 17 below) from the ground to the top floor.. whose math is wrong?

"The Houston-based real estate investment, development and management company said Friday that it has entered into negotiations with Z Resorts to build a Hotel ZaZa at Memorial City.

Dallas-based Z Resorts LLC will operate and manage the luxury boutique hotel. Z Resorts also has Hotel ZaZa locations in Houston’s Museum District and Dallas.

An unnamed source recently told CultureMap that MetroNational was planning a new mixed-use center anchored by a Hotel ZaZa and a Whole Foods at the southwest corner of Interstate 10 and Bunker Hill Road.

Public documents show MetroNational recently filed a construction permit with the city of Houston valued at $1.8 million. The permit is for 963 Bunker Hill Road, which is at the southwest corner of I-10 and Bunker Hill. It’s also directly across I-10 from an H-E-B and a block east of Memorial City Mall.

MetroNational's Friday news alert did not specify where the Hotel ZaZa at Memorial City might be built, and a spokesperson for the company was not immediately available."

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2014/01/17/metronational-to-bring-another-hotel.html

Drove by today and there was a construction crew, not sure if it was for it or the one across the street

• Like 1

Something is under construction just south of this behind the office tower. I'm not sure if it is a parking garage or something else, but it doesn't seem related to this development. Anyone know about this?

i work for WFM, we usually get an early headsup on new builds. thus far we've only gotten word of Post Oak, Champions, The Woodands, and Woodway rebuild. curious as to the silence on Bunker Hill.

The construction site immediately to the south of the WF site is going to be the new home of Jonathan's The Rub restaurant and catering business. There is a sign out front.

Decent but moo.. Will there be more? I liked that 17 story oval residential highrise.

Looks like this is just part of the development. The residential is separate from the Hotel Zaza.

Oh, I hope your right. I thought I read that the hotel was supposed to go in the 3 or so stories on top of whole foods/in the podium of the original renderings.

This project is full speed ahead. Quite a lot of activity on the site. I'll try to take pictures when I leave work tomorrow.

• Like 1

did we ever determine if this was actually equipment/progress for this site or if its just a staging site for something else?

• Like 1

This has been a staging and parking site for the construction of the new Jonathan's Rub behind the Nexen building.  The Hotel ZaZa project has not begun, although it looks like the building that housed the seafood restaurant and tanning salon is now being demo'ed.  

• Like 1

nothing has started on that plot, my guess would be that it won't happen until the air liquid center is complete.... and then again they may start on that dillards tower before this one too.

Construction set to begin next quarter.

including WF?  i was told very matter of factly about a month ago that WF is not part of their plans anymore.  Zaza still is though.

including WF?  i was told very matter of factly about a month ago that WF is not part of their plans anymore.  Zaza still is though.

I am honestly not sure, swtsig. I do not have the details of what is included in the project still.