Harris County Joint Processing Center At 700 N. San Jacinto St.

Urbannizer

• 1 month later...

Traveling by bicycle is great exercise and allows me to get up close to all the construction sites going up but I paid the price today when a bee/wasp? flew onto my lip and in about a half second stung me before I swatted it off, hurt like hell and I had a large swollen lip for about 3 hours. 

Took this pic right after the sting.

L1k8fVt.jpg

• Like 7

So is this facility meant to replace the Harris County Processing Center at 1201 Commerce? The reason I'm asking is in a recent article about the opening of the new TIGER trail for Buffalo Bayou, Anne Olsen said that BBP's plan going forward was to connect Allen's Landing to the east side to Lockwood. This would mean tearing down the existing buildings on Commerce and hopefully going forward with the Commerce Street Promenade.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Sunstar said:

So is this facility meant to replace the Harris County Processing Center at 1201 Commerce? The reason I'm asking is in a recent article about the opening of the new TIGER trail for Buffalo Bayou, Anne Olsen said that BBP's plan going forward was to connect Allen's Landing to the east side to Lockwood. This would mean tearing down the existing buildings on Commerce and hopefully going forward with the Commerce Street Promenade.

This unifies the city and county. The city's processing center is off Reisner St, near Old Sixth Ward.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/2019/01/31/320047/houston-harris-county-new-facility-will-make-inmate-processing-more-efficient/

Will begin operation this Saturday. Apparently this building was much needed, and will allow processing to function more smoothly. Instead of using 2 different city jails and 2 different county jails for processing they will only need to use this facility before further re-booking. Good on the city.

Now if we can only get the JDC, that is now next to the new HSPVA, and move it to a new facility right next to this one that would be ideal. That way all these kinds of facilities are in one location and out of the population center proper.

EDIT: We should probably move this to the Downtown thread now.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Harris County/COH Joint Processing Center
  • The title was changed to Harris County Joint Processing Center At 700 N. San Jacinto St.