Regions Financial Center: Mixed-Use At 3773 Richmond Ave.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

richmond-cummins-demo-corner.jpg

THIS WAS THE scene yesterday on the southeast corner of Richmond Ave and Cummins St. near Greenway Plaza, where the Redstone Companies and Hansen Partners are planning to build a new 11-story office building and 5-level parking garage with — if a Planning Dept. staff report describing the project is correct — an attached 5-story retail center. The development received planning commission approval last week for a reduced setback along the 2 streets that meets with planned but not-yet-approved standards for transit corridors; if Metro’s stalled University Line ever gets built, it’ll make its get-off-of-Richmond turn at this same corner. Accordingly, in documents submitted to the city, the developers appear to be holding out the undescribed retail portion for some later date: [Only] “the office building and related parking garage to be built on this site are nearing the time that a building permit will be required,” the variance application reads.

richmond-cummins-demo-1.jpg

richmond-cummins-demo-dirt.jpg

http://swamplot.com/where-on-richmond-ave-that-new-greenway-plaza-office-tower-is-going/2013-12-11/

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Was driving by this morning. I saw they had put building markers (wooden stacks with pink ribbon) on the ground. I work in greenway plaza and walk by this way everyday to get lunch so something is going on. I think this one is finally moving forward. Will confirm with a pic maybe tomorrow.

I had totally forgot about this. Is this up to the street like it looks and not surrounded by parking lots? If so, this is 100 times nicer then being a BLVD Place junior. 

Its all the way up to the street and all parking is in a parking garage at the back of the building which will be accessible by Portsmouth street.

• 1 month later...

I'll have to get a pic, but there is a small sign on the property since last week. Apparently it's a violation notice for not keeping the property mowed lol. I thought it was pretty funny. I agree though, this needs to get going.

LOL, they have received violation notices at least three times over the past 6 months.  Twice the brush was over 7 feet high on the property.  I walked by today... there was a guy out there doing some survey work.  Also, it looks like the city put up about a dozen violation signs around the property.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have information about the new building going up at Richmond and Cummins in Greenway Plaza next to Soap Car Wash?  I noticed a fence went up and there is a construction trailer on site.   There is a rendering that I found, but I am not sure if it's current.

Here are details from Swamplot earlier in 2014:  

richmond-cummins-demo-corner.jpg

This was the scene yesterday on the southeast corner of Richmond Ave and Cummins St. near Greenway Plaza, where the Redstone Companies and Hansen Partners are planning to build a new 11-story office building and 5-level parking garage with — if a Planning Dept. staff report describing the project is correct — an attached 5-story retail center. The development received planning commission approval last week for a reduced setback along the 2 streets that meets with planned but not-yet-approved standards for transit corridors; if Metro’s stalled University Line ever gets built, it’ll make its get-off-of-Richmond turn at this same corner. Accordingly, in documents submitted to the city, the developers appear to be holding out the undescribed retail portion for some later date: [Only] “the office building and related parking garage to be built on this site are nearing the time that a building permit will be required,” the variance application reads.

Archived