13th Floor Elevators

GEM

Roky Erickson just played here at the Continental Club the day before Halloween. I missed it but judging from the videos on YouTube he didn't look quite as "with it" as he has at other shows in recent years. With all he's been through, though, it's nothing short of a minor miracle that he's still playing at all. 

Roky also played on one of the Red Krayola (originally spelled Crayola)albums recorded in 1967 at the International Artists studio in Houston, where the 13th Floor Elevators also recorded. The album was called The Parable of the Arable Land. Red Krayola was a psychedelic band formed by 3 students from the University of St Thomas. I was a student there at the same time.

Roky also played on one of the Red Krayola (originally spelled Crayola)albums recorded in 1967 at the International Artists studio in Houston, where the 13th Floor Elevators also recorded. The album was called The Parable of the Arable Land. Red Krayola was a psychedelic band formed by 3 students from the University of St Thomas. I was a student there at the same time.

Listen to this.....................plunk.

• The title was changed to 13th Floor Elevators

Archived