Urbannizer

Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place & Renovations for Galleria Plaza

You don't realize how much space that shopping center with Starbucks and Sports Authority takes up.

I get so curious to see what Houston will look like in 50+ years, and then I get sad knowing there's a chance I may not live to see it :(

• Like 1

Williams tower is a different scale and makes the rest of the buildings in the image look much smaller than they really are in that aerial photo.

• Like 1

Williams tower is a different scale and makes the rest of the buildings in the image look much smaller than they really are in that aerial photo.

I completely agree, I love the tower but it really makes the uptown skyline looks a lot shorter than it really is

Some good density in this area corner of Uptown. Hopefully the land by the last remaining 24 hour fitness in uptown will get something. 

It's weird, I see more pedestrians on this side of the Galleria than Post Oak. I think we could see actual density on this side rather than the north because of the actual street grid.

• Like 2

Absolutely. The Dillard's site need big big work.

Agreed. Great compliment to the upcoming Saks Fifth Avenue flagship. Something similar or greater is needed on the Neiman Marcus side...a redevelopment of the Dillard's site and lot would be good, incorporating a large hotel. Also, within the Galleria, both Westins could use a gutting and redo. I think the Westins were recently put on the market or sold, but nothings been announced for a while...maybe Westin redos will happen after the ongoing Galleria transformation is done.

Is that enough space for a luxury residential tower to go up?

Of course it's enough.. That's where they plan on building it.

Not a fan of the exterior design but I guess it fits the area, which is like a DeLorean trip into October 21, 1999.  Love the Hyatt Place, though.

Edited by Gator Purify

^^^ a bit plain and non luxurious exterior wise.  however, the modernity and clean lines of the interior design, along with hotel amenities, makes up for the "amish" exterior details..... 

As an aside, if I had to choose between staying at a Hyatt Place or a Hyatt Regency next door, I'm going Hyatt Place all day.  I find the former to be one of the most reliable brands in the country.  No matter where I am, if I need a clean, modern, and relatively inexpensive place to rest my head, I know I can count on HP. *commercial over*

The next time that someone is griping about Houston's low density, show them this picture.  It's slow work, but the city is changing.  

An aerial advantage is key ;).

Saks Fifth Avenue new flagship going up across from fab new Hyatt Regency will be a stunner.http://houston.culturemap.com/news/real-estate/02-10-16-saks-fifth-avenue-ramps-up-the-luxe-level-with-a-modern-twist-at-new-galleria-store/Is there a thread for the new SFA/Galleria Expansion? If not, we may need to start one.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/4384-galleria-expansionrebuild-300-unit-highrise/page-18#entry525434

Sorry on mobile so I don't know how to hyperlink, but Saks is on the other side, not across from the Hyatt.

Edit: it worked!

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 2