Galleria Parks & Hyatt Hotels: Mixed-Use Development At 5333 Westheimer Rd.

Urbannizer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

HYATTS.jpg

although, i shall state that i am extremely happy regarding the new galleria area hotel construction.  not to mention, the overall density that this new edition shall undoubtably create.. however, why on earth,

didn't the developers, just plan vs construct a GRAND HYATT HOTEL in the very first place?  i for one, can certainly understand the concept distinctions. (catering to different age groups vs genres) etc.   

however, i shall have to state that i find it a bit alarming, that these atlanta based developers, to just waltz into the houston market.. brandishing such a profound silly season construction concept.

everyone knows that houston is famous for it's no zoning model.  however, isn't this a bit over the top?  two side by side hyatt brands with different missions, standing firm directly across the street.. from the houston galleria.

the westin oaks vs the westin galleria, are two 4**** hotels catering to the same upscale clientele.  these hotels, were conceptualized / constructed, to offer the foremost convenience as per it's clients.

one tower constructed upon the rear of the galleria.  the other constructed upon the front entry.  nonetheless, both westin towers, hold true to form vs consistency.. upon it's overall mission / standards.

the only difference being within the naming.. oaks vs galleria. 

Heh.

Monarch, I believe a Grand Hyatt is going on 610 near the Landrys(?) HQ.

I thought Landry's owned the land south of its headquarters. I'd be surprised to see him allow another concept to be built there.

I don't know if the lot north of the Landry's HQ would have enough space to accommodate a Grand Hyatt.

• Like 1

I thought Landry's owned the land south of its headquarters. I'd be surprised to see him allow another concept to be built there.

I don't know if the lot north of the Landry's HQ would have enough space to accommodate a Grand Hyatt.

i absolutely concur, houstontexasjack.  i have tried to explain to my good pal cloud713, quite a while back.. that a GRAND HYATT HOTEL, upon my foremost experience.. normally, requires a huge amount of space. There is a reason that this particular brand, is referred to as a GRAND HYATT.. it is huge!  i have harbored the utmost pleasure upon lodging at the GRAND HYATT DUBAI, UAE.  not only is this particular hotel simply gorgeous upon scope and scale.. it is also humongous, covering an extreme amount of prime dubai acreage.  i have also had the foremost pleasure of lodging at the GRAND HYATT HOTEL BALI, INDONESIA.  this particular hotel was modeled after a beach resort.  however, once again.. it was humongous, and again, covering an extreme amount of acreage.  this particular brand of hyatt hotel's.. offer an extreme amount of first class amenities, as per it's guest.  YOU NAME IT, YOU HAD BETTER BELIEVE THEY HAVE IT!  

• Like 1

i absolutely concur, houstontexasjack.  i have tried to explain to my good pal cloud713, quite a while back.. that a GRAND HYATT HOTEL, upon my foremost experience.. normally, requires a huge amount of space. There is a reason that this particular brand, is referred to as a GRAND HYATT.. it is huge!  i have harbored the utmost pleasure upon lodging at the GRAND HYATT DUBAI, UAE.  not only is this particular hotel simply gorgeous upon scope and scale.. it is also humongous, covering an extreme amount of prime dubai acreage.  i have also had the foremost pleasure of lodging at the GRAND HYATT HOTEL BALI, INDONESIA.  this particular hotel was modeled after a beach resort.  however, once again.. it was humongous, and again, covering an extreme amount of acreage.  this particular brand of hyatt hotel's.. offer an extreme amount of first class amenities, as per it's guest.  YOU NAME IT, YOU HAD BETTER BELIEVE THEY HAVE IT!  

i see youve responded in the Grand Hyatt thread monarch (and here it is TexasJack). not sure where it was first reported to be a Grand Hyatt, but thats just what i was going off of. i agree, the property seems too small to fit one though, and think a large Grand Hyatt next to theGalleria would of been better, but what can you do?

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/29972-hollyhurst-ln-near-astorias-laydown/?hl=%2Bgrand+%2Bhyatt#entry453778

Edited by cloud713

Thanks for the link to the other thread cloud713. Getting back to topic, I am happy to see additional development next to the Hyatt Regency. A Hyatt Place fits the bill nicely for Uptown and gives Hyatt an offering between the Regency and Hyatt House concepts.

I've thought the Astroworld lot would be a great site for a Grand Hyatt. It would be a great convention hotel for OTC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have no idea whether Simon wants Dillards "under the roof" (and all indications are, neither do you).  But to say they don't want Dillards because they don't feel Dillards is high end enough is patently ridiculous.  The Galleria has plenty of stores that are at or below the level of Dillards.  Starting with Macy's and going down from there.  A mall that has a Payless Shoesource is not going to thumb its nose at Dillards for being insufficiently high-end.

Re:  the hotels;  Perhaps; although I think it's unlikely.  But this is all a silly academic discussion anyway.  The idea of building a skywalk to connect the new hotels to the Galleria is a horrible idea for myriad other reasons and I doubt that either Simon or the hotel developer would have much interest in spending the money to build it.

houston19514, you are a great haif stalwart, and i absolutely love your creative input.  however, you have now stumped me into the abyss!  i have hereby traveled all over this world to some degree.  i have had the foremost pleasure of lodging at some of the most high end establishments that there is....  furthermore, when i travel abroad as per some great relaxation along with some of the best shopping that there is, i venture forth to dubai, uae.  i always lodge at either HOTEL KEMPINSKI, connected via skywalk to the MALL OF THE EMIRATES vs THE ADDRESS HOTEL, connected via walkway to the DUBAI MALL.  now, this is just two of my highlighted favorites.  should i take the initiative to mention all of the rest of them... you probably would not believe it!  

now the purpose behind my astonishment, is that.. i have never, ever, experienced anything that could hereby come CLOSE to a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!  in fact, my experiences with lodging at a hotel that is connected to a shopping mall, simply reek's of prominence, efficiency, safety, customer friendly, and every other positive accolade that one may purposely espouse.

houston's galleria traffic is hereby notorious.  houston's inclement weather conditions, heat included... are hereby notorious.  therefore, may you please point out to me, just why connecting the new hyatt regency to the houston galleria, should be such a horrible idea.

Edited by monarch
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...