Huge Lot Cleared At Highway 290 And FM 1960

Jghill

There has been a very large lot cleared just west of 290 and 1960. At one time a sign indicated a new hospital was to be built there. That sign, however, has been missing for a few years. Anybody know what is going up there?

No that's on the other side of the road. Wish they would've worked to retain more of the trees in whatever project they're building.

I've heard that Memorial Hermann is going to be building a hospital out here.

I initially thought that any new Memorial Hermann project would go in where the aforementioned Cypress Crossing mixed use retail town center is going...but perhaps it's slated for the area they're clearing now?

Several years ago there was a big sign on the now cleared area saying a hospital was going in there. I think it was HCA so I looked on tthier website and did a bunch of Google searches looking for a new hospital coming to Cypress. Nothing. I agree with the trees - it looks pretty sad now.

• 3 months later...

There is the rub mrfootball; clear cutting. I wish they would be more considerate of the flora that's been growing there for decades, and perhaps construct a development to incorporate said flora. Sigh. Like you, I am not happy with cookie cutter industrial parks, but at least keep some of the existing trees if you must build. I was hoping for something along the lines of a Northwest TX Medical center campus.

• The title was changed to Huge Lot Cleared At Highway 290 And FM 1960

Archived