Car Spa Car Wash, Detail, & Oil Change At 2801 Brazos St.

ToryGattis

I live in Midtown and normally use the Citgo along Brazos, but noticed today that not only is their gas $0.80+/gallon more than other gas stations (!), their basic exterior car wash is absurdly priced at $13.  Any recommendations for a good gas station + car wash with reasonable prices? (I know plenty of places with cheaper gas, but they don't have a car wash)  Ideally convenient to Midtown, but I get around quite a bit inside the loop so I'm flexible.  Suggestions appreciated.

• Like 1

I live in Midtown and normally use the Citgo along Brazos, but noticed today that not only is their gas $0.80+/gallon more than other gas stations (!), their basic exterior car wash is absurdly priced at $13.  Any recommendations for a good gas station + car wash with reasonable prices? (I know plenty of places with cheaper gas, but they don't have a car wash)  Ideally convenient to Midtown, but I get around quite a bit inside the loop so I'm flexible.  Suggestions appreciated.

Never mind my edited response -- I was going to recommend CarSpa - but I think that is the same one you are talking about....hadn't been there in a year or so and didn't know they had raised prices so much...

Edited by HoustonMidtown

Never mind my edited response -- I was going to recommend CarSpa - but I think that is the same one you are talking about....hadn't been there in a year or so and didn't know they had raised prices so much...

Yep, same one.  Their gas prices have always been a little higher, but not this much.  They haven't dropped down to $3 as others have, and the car wash got upped to $13.  Yes, they do the $.25/gal a discount if you buy the wash, but it still comes out much more than other stations.  It's not that big a deal in the bigger scheme of things, but nobody likes to feel like they're being ripped off, including me.

If ever down near Reliant, my go-to place for gas is Kroger's at Kirby and South Main. Head a minute north on Kirby, right on Holcombe, cross Greenbriar, turn right into MisterCarWash. EDIT: Sorry, just saw your post above mine. Still, Kroger's for gas.

Edited by brian0123
  • Like 1

What about those places where you pay quarters and brush and wash yourself? Those seem to be the best deal.

Yeah, I'm looking for fast and automatic.  I don't mind $5-8, but $13 seems absurd.

I came across this map of gas prices, but it doesn't indicate car washes.  It is interesting to skim.  You can see how high the premiums are in certain nicer parts of town or at major intersections, but if you drive just a bit outside that you can save quite a bit, especially on premium.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/link/559838/gas-price-tracker

I think I'm going to check out the gas stations with car washes at Kirby and Weslayan along 59.  Too bad there's no competition in Midtown.

• The title was changed to Affordable Gas & Car Wash?
  • The title was changed to Car Spa Car Wash, Detail, & Oil Change At 2801 Brazos St.