Darth Vader's House At 3201 University Blvd.

texas911

you mean the one that is kinda underground looking (next to a street light?) ooh I LOVE THAT HOUSE!! The windows look SO AWESOME!!!

Anyone have any pix? I tried showing the house to friends on my phonecam but my dad's car was going to fast and everything was a blur :(

• Like 1

From what I heard - it was - when I heard it - the home of a plastic surgeon. He is/was a bachelor and the house was fairly open in its design - there were not to many rooms. Apparently the master bed and master bath shared a revolving tv - guess he wanted to watch the tube while on the pot? This info came from my brothers ex-wife who was a med-student at Baylor about 6 years ago and her roomate apparently had something to do with the home owner?

Very sketchy - but if the description is correct I assume either another dark, brodding person who loves solitude bought the house or the adams family2K5 bought it...?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So I drive by Darth Vader's house, that's what my kids call it, on the corner of Buffalo Speedway and University, and there is temporary fencing around it. Like its going to be demolished. Anyone know what's going on?

• Like 1

So I drive by Darth Vader's house, that's what my kids call it, on the corner of Buffalo Speedway and University, and there is temporary fencing around it. Like its going to be demolished. Anyone know what's going on?

I meant to start this thread a few days ago after I noticed the same thing. I hope it's not being torn down!

I think it is 3202 University. I pulled it up on the permit website and I don't see anything.

flipper

Edited by flipper
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure that this house was only built in the mid to late 80's. I remember the stones on the inclined base used to slide down all the time. In more recent years, it appears that they found some sort of adhesive to hold them in place. Maybe the house has other construction issues.

• Like 1

Always wondered about that house .... The owner must have a "dark" taste

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update, they are not tearing it down, they are doing some mondo updates to it. When I drove by, they had stripped the brick of the bottom and put a fresh layer of Tyvek. At least its safe from the wrecking ball. We need more Darth Vader houses and less Spanish/Mediterranean/Italian/French crap in Houston.

• Like 1

Just an update, they are not tearing it down, they are doing some mondo updates to it. When I drove by, they had stripped the brick of the bottom and put a fresh layer of Tyvek. At least its safe from the wrecking ball. We need more Darth Vader houses and less Spanish/Mediterranean/Italian/French crap in Houston.

Not a bad idea. Maybe we they can have some kind of platform on the roof with some .50 cal machine guns in case the aliens attack.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Darth Vader's House In West U
  • 2 weeks later...

Can be yours for $4.3 mil.  The Houston lore I heard years ago was that the design was a combination of a stealth bomber and Darth Vader.  There is also a story that the owner was doing work on the house just after it was built and suffered a heart attack but had an AED and was able to shock himself back to life.  

Interior is everything you would expect.  Giant face sculpture better come with the house.

https://abc13.com/realestate/houstons-darth-vader-house-is-for-sale/10702918/

https://www.har.com/mapsearch/?map_tools_nwlat=29.71712786809151&map_tools_nwlng=-95.43479118705496&map_tools_selat=29.711203714972953&map_tools_selng=-95.42283717407774&for_sale=1#g26540977

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Darth Vader's House In West U
  • The title was changed to Darth Vader's House In West University
  • 1 month later...

Houston’s famed “Darth Vader House,” which has been on the market since May, has reduced its asking price by more than $1.2 million, according to a listing on HAR.com.

The 7,000-square-foot home at 3201 University Blvd. in West University Place was built by Dr. Jean Cukier in 1992. When it was listed for sale in May, the home received international attention from media outlets like CNN, UPI and The Sun because its unique angled stone exterior and sloped roof have often been compared to the helmet worn by the menacing villain in the Star Wars saga’s original three movies.

The home was originally listed at $4.3 million and received interest from high-profile celebrities like rapper and recent Houston transplant Curtis James Jackson III, a.k.a. 50 Cent. However, since 3201 University Blvd. went on the market, the price has dropped to $3.1 million — a 28% reduction.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/10/04/darth-vader-house-reduces-asking-price.html

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Darth Vader's House At 3201 University Blvd.