Uptown Oaks: Senior Living High-Rise At 4718 San Felipe St.

SkylineView

I'll be careful how I describe this location as there are SO MANY banks in this area that it gets confusing (and a bit hysterical).  This is along the north side of San Felipe and just east of Garrettson Lane (I got the address by clicking "What is here?" on google maps [to no avail], so it may be inaccurate).

Uptown Oaks: 34-Story Senior Living High-Rise At 4718 San Felipe St.

Anyway, chain link fence around the site, digging in the back away from San Felipe... it kind of looks like utility work, but I didn't have my binoculars when I was in Panera.  The bank has been closed for the past three years... anyone know what's going on?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

It's been demo'd so something is going there. It's a very small lot, though, so unless it was purchased along with the apartment complex behind it (which would be extremely plausible and one could argue almost necessary) I'm not too sure what could go there.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Proposed Senior Living Complex: Hallmark Dr & Garretson Ln
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Proposed Senior Living Complex: Hallmark Dr. & Garretson Ln.
  • 1 month later...

8 minutes ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Interesting. Does this mean they'll tear down the two twin Hallmark Towers that already exist?

If you look closely at the rendering, it looks like the two older red/brown brick towers are in the background and this skyscraper is on the site currently occupied by a low rise structure with a shingle roof and parking, the side of the property fronting Garrettson Ln.

Who knows if that is accurate, though.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Uptown Oaks: Proposed 33-Story Senior Living High-Rise

WOW! Another high rise in this area. Development never seems to stop. I hope they put a couple more on the southside of Post Oak between San Felipe and the RD tower to complete the corridor look. 

I was just thinking I won't get to watch more construction from my office but this keeps the years long tradition going. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, tangledwoods said:

not sure if an old folks home should have a "wandering garden" right next to a road.....

rich-3857335_960_720.png

^^^ somehow, i do not think that they are aiming for the typical "old folks" clientele.  in lieu of the illustrated description of all of the forthcoming high-end high rise amenities, it seems that THE HALLMARK is hereby aiming for some serious swinging seniors...

• Like 1

It looks like this project is going to replace a surface parking lot.  Too bad they didn't go for broke and buy the empty lot next door where the a two story Tudor-style garden apartment condo used to be circa 2012 when I lived in the Cosmo. 

I'm 64 and my body is better now that it was when I was in my 30s and working 24/7 at a Manhattan law firm and commuting 2 hours a day into the city from the burbs. Three hours a week in the condo fitness center and walking on alternating days seems to work for me. 

• Like 7