New Trophy Tower?

wxman

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a just a dream.  I will correct myself when they pour the foundation.  First it was two 70 floors buildings, now it is one 76 floor building.  With Downtown Dallas with 30% occupancy.  Cannot wait to see the renderings.  

Where are you getting 76 floors? The article was talking about a project HOK did in Saudi Arabia.

I got to look at Transwestern's numbers (DFW link, Houston link).  They count 2300 office buildings in Greater Dallas, 700 in Greater Ft. Worth, and 2500 in Greater Houston.  Given that Dallas' Metropolitan Division had (April 1, 2012) 4.41 million people to Houston MSA's 6.22 million, that supply is a significant structural difference between the two markets. 

Q1 2014 Office Markets Pie chart fodder (Fort Worth/Mid-Cities excluded)

259.5 Msf with 25.3 available and 16.8 u/c (Greater Houston)
245.8 Msf with 32.0 available and 5.4 u/c (Greater Dallas)

$29.34 and $20.17  Houston's A and B Q1 2014 average office asking rates psf
$25.06 and $17.79  Dallas' A and B Q1 2014 average office asking rates psf

so if Houston's population is 100, office space is 100, and class A asking rate is 100...
then DAL's M.D.population is 71, but its office space is 95, and class A asking rate is 85.4

(95/ 71)* 85.4 = 114.3 is a measure of relative office market spending size per capita

It surprises me that the Dallas vacancy rates are considered surprising.

Well, Ben Crawford has been taken from Houston to head the Dallas HOK team and build the new Perot Tower or whatever it will be called.

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2014/08/26/new-hok-leader-helps-win-hillwoods-new-dallas-high.html

http://www.hok.com/design/type/commercial/capital-market-authority-tower/

His Capital Market Authority tower in Saudi Arabia is breathtaking.

76 Stories. 1,260 feet. Mmmm.

Dallas would have the tallest bldg west of the Mississippi. Something that hasnt happened since 1954 if he built something like that here.

The zoning on the property allows for a development in excess of 1.5 million square feet of density with no height limit.

I'd be fine if he would just copy the CMA and build it downtown. The Perot spot is zoned for no height limit afterall. So all that talk about Dallas having FAA height limits is now officially doodoo. Bury it.

Would it make Houstonians mad if we got a 1,200 footer? Maybe upset some LA skyscraper fans too (US bank Tower 1,018ft)

Realistically I dont think it will be that tall maybe more like 950ft to 1,100ft finally making the BOA 2nd tallest. It definitely needs to be taller than the 787ft Comerica (I dont count the 886ft Renaissance because of the crown it wears)

We dont know all the facts yet but if Perot was just making a 30 story 400 ft Mickey Mouse box he would'nt of enlisted the heavyweights. Something big is brewing.

exterior-night.jpg

Actually, there's a shortage of luxury condo towers in the core. That's why Harwood is starting the Bleu Ciel

Exactly,

In recent months Downtown has been leasing up units very well.

Also

The Bleu Ciel, Mckinney & Olive and the Dallas One Tower............in addtion to whats going up around the Cityplace area are just going to make the city's core area pretty impressive. 

And it's all been approved. Not pipe dreams.

Also I think some here on this thread are confusing the Pacific Plaza Park project with the Hillwood HOK Ross Perot Jr project. These are separate.

I personally find the Perot project more exciting. But if they BOTH go up?....Wholly Sh!! :o:D

Thanks great detail they always need Fort Worth all the time.  Very interesting.

Actually no Kitten. Many of us Dallasites are sick and tired of being grouped with Fawrt Warth. I dont even like saying the name. Sounds like there's a steak in your mouth when you say it.

Okay I sound kindav harsh. I dont hate Ft Worthians but many of us Dallas natives are tired of hearing "Dallas-Fort Worth" or "DFW" on everything from the News,TV,radio, commericials....

That one thing Im jealous of other major cities.

"Atlanta's favorite news channel!"

"Chicago's number one furniture outlet"

"Keep it locked it here on Houston's best smooth jazz K^$?"

Its the reason I make my name JasnoDTX and not JasnoDFW

Ugh. We want to be our own city. Yes I know we have the 4th largest Metro status in the nation but I personally dont care. I dont see that as status because its shared with THEM.  Im actually proud of Dallas County which destroys Bexar County(San Antonio) by over half a million! ..Without using metro. Anyways just ranting. I like this forum.

That's very funny at the Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land MSA does not include Beaumont! :lol:

Exactly. I saw another thread saying Dallas and FW would split in the 2020 census. I'd be fine with that. I dont care too much about metro pop. status. Make us more individual. But our cities are so damn close we have to share TV and radio station's <_<

We dont mind being grouped in with Plano,Frisco, and our immediate neighbors but Fawrt Wawrth and its children need to stick to their own side.

hmmmmmm... I know that those of us in Houston aren't supposed to bash our fine neighbors to the north on this forum, prolly to avoid a snarkfest breaking out - but I guess there aren't many people with FtW connections on here that are going to give two hoots in Hades what Dallasites think.  

• 1 month later...

Exclusive: Turkish developer to buy land near Dallas City Hall for $1.2B multitower project

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2014/10/24/exclusive-turkish-developer-to-buy-land-near.html?full=true

"These towers would be the tallest west of the Mississippi," Sarimsakci told the Dallas Business Journal in an exclusive interview. "We are going to do it. We have the land under contract and Dallas needs to shine.

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2014/10/24/exclusive-turkish-developer-to-buy-land-near.html?full=true

"These towers would be the tallest west of the Mississippi," Sarimsakci told the Dallas Business Journal in an exclusive interview. "We are going to do it. We have the land under contract and Dallas needs to shine.

Thanks for the posts Dallaz. I love these types of proposals. But I've become cautious because its seems they never happen. Of course I hope they do.

Between the Perot/HOK, Pacific Plaza and these Turkish guys....SOMEBODY needs to give us a SUPERTALL. hahaha! Quit promising a bunch and just build ONE haha. :D

Sarimsakci is my new hero. I love his enthusiasm!

With the price of curtain wall glass soaring as it is, hopefully HOK builds a shell that frames the views and isn't just another 1980s shiny prism.

Thats a great design though I've seen a pic one similar to that in China that I like better. Can't find the pic though, So many cool designs to choose from these days. I'd like it to stand out but not be too goofy either. :)

Thanks for the posts Dallaz. I love these types of proposals. But I've become cautious because its seems they never happen. Of course I hope they do.

Between the Perot/HOK, Pacific Plaza and these Turkish guys....SOMEBODY needs to give us a SUPERTALL. hahaha! Quit promising a bunch and just build ONE haha. :D

Sarimsakci is my new hero. I love his enthusiasm!

This is the same guy who proposed the two 60 story towers at Pacific Plaza. Those two towers are included in this project...... 

Yea thats why I crossed out Pacific Plaza on my reply after reading the article. It's seems Sarimsakci wants towers and not to get caught up in all the pacific plaza park and automatic garage complications.

"I just wanna build some towers dammit Forget all that other stuff!":) I like how he thinks! :P

This developer does dream big and aim high! 

Seems pretty unlikely that will happen as described - but if he can achieve even 10% of that, would be a good win for that side of downtown

Agreed! 4 big towers seems crazy but you have to respect his determination. Heck give us just one.

But could you imagine if the 4 towers actually did get made? It would change the whole scene of the city. Wow.

Here's to hoping he has great success. I'll even congratulate him on a 10 story building. lol :P

We can barely get a 40 story office building downtown what the hell is Dallas going to do with 2 80 story and 2 60 story buildings containing 3 million sqft of office space. . .

The two 60 story buildings will have 1,200 condo units.

Archived