Pier & Beam (Preservation Houston Young Professionals Group) Kickoff Happy Hour At Mongoose Vs. Cobra

dvmorris

On Wednesday November 20th, Claire Thielke and I will be chairing a happy hour at Mongoose vs. Cobra to celebrate the launch of Pier & Beam, Preservation Houston's young professionals' group. I have been volunteering with Preservation Houston as a walking tours docent for the past three years, and I am really excited to help get this group off the ground.

Please see below for the rest of the details about the event:

What: P&B at MvC

When: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20

Where:  Mongoose versus Cobra, 1011 McGowen Ave.

Tariff: $35 (buying a ticket also gets you a year of P&B membership at special pricing)

About Pier & Beam

Pier & Beam is a group of next-generation preservationists who share a passion for Houston’s architecture, art, history and culture. We believe in preserving and giving new life to significant buildings and landscapes, promoting sustainability and smart growth, and fostering vibrant, livable neighborhoods.

Pier & Beam welcomes members from any field to join us in celebrating Houston’s built environment through community and cultural events, personal development opportunities and partnerships designed to engage a new generation in the appreciation and redevelopment of the city’s irreplaceable architectural and cultural heritage.

Pier & Beam is an initiative of Preservation Houston, Houston’s only citywide non-profit preservation advocacy organization.

How does someone join P&B?

Visit http://www.preservationhouston.org/join (or just come to the happy hour :) )

post-5924-0-01687300-1383535845_thumb.pn

• The title was changed to Pier & Beam (Preservation Houston Young Professionals Group) Kickoff Happy Hour At Mongoose Vs. Cobra

Archived