Not much more than a rumor...But...

There was some conversation on Swamplot earlier this week about the possibility of HEB building a store on the KBR Site.  This kind of washes with the proposed 380/Retail Incentive programs being discussed with in the Business Journal.  For what it worth...I saw "Scott" (The guy from the HEB Commercials) at an East Side Restaurant a couple weeks ago.  Has anyone else heard anything about this?  Apparently, there is some kind of meeting on Nov 8th, where this may be discussed.  But, I have no idea what that may be. 

Not much more than a rumor...But...

There was some conversation on Swamplot earlier this week about the possibility of HEB building a store on the KBR Site.  This kind of washes with the proposed 380/Retail Incentive programs being discussed with in the Business Journal.  For what it worth...I saw "Scott" (The guy from the HEB Commercials) at an East Side Restaurant a couple weeks ago.  Has anyone else heard anything about this?  Apparently, there is some kind of meeting on Nov 8th, where this may be discussed.  But, I have no idea what that may be. 

I haven't heard any rumors like that, but I would love it if it was true....I am moving to "EaDo" next week....a short drive from that site.....

The site on Clinton? Doubtful. That area is prime Zeta turf. And I'm not sure there is enough residential close by. Thoughts?

• Like 1

I live a half a block of Clinton, I suppose in "Prime Zeta Turff", but I can only guess what you are talking about and how it can have anything to do with HEB or the development of KBR. However, there are few commercial real estate opportunities available close to the CBD and the East End which can support the type of single floor square footage, including parking that a normal size HEB requires. I agree that the density is not great just off Clinton, but it is easy to say that an HEB here, would draw from a far more reaching area. Also, HEB surely has inside information on the intentions of the remaining KBR site. I just hope that there is a landing pad for the ZETA mothership...and a Spec's.

Don't know about it being "zeta turf" but I also doubt this rumor is true. Yes, there are new town homes in that area and it's been improving, but IMO it's just not enough for any grocery chain to justify building a store. Unless there is some kind of huge secret residential plan for the KBR site, then maybe HEB might consider, but even then I doubt it. Like I commented on Swamplot, HEB isn't really known for opening new "pioneer type" stores in less established areas of Houston. HEB's other lower concept stores Mi Tienda or Joe V's are more probable in this scenario. In fact, Lovett Commercial already has a Joe V's Smartshop proposed for the corner of Harrisburg and Eastwood, which makes this KBR HEB rumor even less true since these locations are so close by.

Edited by intencity77