• Government
    • Legal
    • Medical
    • Student or Teaching
    • Retired
    • Other?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Commercial construction and real estate lawyer (mostly on the war horse side, some transactional).

FWIW, my dad was an engineer - civil by education, structural by practice, long before the practice got as segmented as it is now.  He would have been annoyed to be put in the same category as architects. 

I am very retired and enjoying it albeit I am still pretty busy. I serve on the planning and zoning commission and am active in the chamber and on a couple of other committees
 around town. I am also active in my church.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I can't believe that Commercial Broker didn't make the list (I personally feel that it falls out of the two categories in REA listed ARCH/CON)  For now that is what I do, and I am beginning to dabble in the development of Retail Power Centers.. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am VERY late to this....I work for my church.  My husband is an engineer and my children are engineering majors (Civll and Mechanical).  When I was at UT I took an architecture class and fell in love. My daughter had the same professor and had the same experience :-).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was in a management position for a leading window manufacturer up in Flower Mound, but now I do consulting work in a relevant field down here. Most everything I have done in the past few decades have been building and real estate related.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm a recent grad from Austin Community College with a an AAS in Architectural Drafting/Design. Just moved back to Houston. For now I'm doing Freelance work but am looking for a full-time gig but I'm not finding much work in Houston for Architectural Drafters. Hoping to become a Designer some day so would like to work in that direction. Am I going to need a bachelors before somebody will consider hiring me? If you have any experience around this I'd appreciate your feedback as I really don't have any connections in this industry. Thanks!

Archived