The Travis: Multifamily High-Rise At 3300 Main St.

Urbannizer

I wonder what the taxes will be. I browse HAR sometimes, and I don't know how accurate their "monthly" calculator is... But all of the condos in Downtown, Hermann Park, and Uptown, the taxes and HOA's are 50% more than the mortgage (if you have good credit and put 20% down). Even in the east end... But some of them around Greenway, Montrose, Midtown, and Medical Center don't even have the taxes included, just the HOA. I wonder if that's because of lack of data or because they're not in the most desired markets...

The rising taxes over the past couple years make a townhouse farm or condo seem more desirable.

Anyways, would be cool to know the prices.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/PM-Realty-pushing-ahead-on-Midtown-residential-6535646.php?t=85ba5aa965&cmpid=twitter-premium

Documents recently submitted to the city for the new residential project refer to it as "high-rise apartments."

Gregory said size of the building has not yet determined, nor has a construction schedule.

"This is a project that's ultimately going to deliver multiple years from now," he said.

He expects the project to be completed when the economy is in better shape. With many developers now pulling back amid the fallout in the energy industry, "we definitely believe bringing a product to market in the next couple of years is a good time," Gregory said.

• Like 1

second half 2017 and especially 2018 and 19 will see a real gap in multifamily deliveries... if you're a developer that has access to capital and believes the market will turn around by then it's a solid strategy, particularly in this low interest rate environment.

Edited by swtsig
  • Like 2

in the mid 80s weren't there requests that the last one out turn out the lights?

certainly Houston is far more robust now than we were then, and there's other factors that were at play then that aren't now, but still. I can see how some would get skittish. 

Edited by samagon

• 1 month later...

Did I miss the statement on the groundbreaking date?

Another Haifer on another forum , I believe the Fairfield apartment forum, said that soon Main St. will be  lined from the bayou to I-69 with midrises or highrises.  I believe he is essentially correct. What a difference from the wasteland it was two decades ago.

Did I miss the statement on the groundbreaking date?

Another Haifer on another forum , I believe the Fairfield apartment forum, said that soon Main St. will be lined from the bayou to I-69 with midrises or highrises. I believe he is essentially correct. What a difference from the wasteland it was two decades ago.

Link, I'd like to read that