The Travis: Multifamily High-Rise At 3300 Main St.

Urbannizer

• 4 months later...

Wow. This one made a complete 180! I really like the process in how the sculpted the building. I really hope we get more stuff like this coming soon! Would really like to see more images as this still looks very preliminary, but the concepts are solid!

• Like 1

This reminds me of elements of 800 Bell, but manages to capture those with a slick, modern twist. A Midtown skyline might actually start to emerge (other than the singular HCC building) between this and the proposed 3003 Louisiana office building. The dream of having an interconnected skyline running from the Med Center to Downtown seems a lot closer now.

• Like 5

Wow. This one made a complete 180! I really like the process in how the sculpted the building. I really hope we get more stuff like this coming soon! Would really like to see more images as this still looks very preliminary, but the concepts are solid!

BIG out of sweden or denmark takes an identical approach to their design... i wanted to work with them on a challenging project here in town. Hopefully I can readdress it in the not too distant future.

• Like 2

BIG out of sweden or denmark takes an identical approach to their design... i wanted to work with them on a challenging project here in town. Hopefully I can readdress it in the not too distant future.

Dude Bjarke Ingels is like....my architecture jesus! I love BIG. They are out of Denmark. He did a great interview about his latest buildings in New York with the New York Times! I've always adored his process and rational. Every step he takes in each concept is well thought out and logical which gives his architecture a great sense of believability even before they are executed. I an environment where crazy architecture ideas in regard to form are at a premium in this town, his process would fit perfectly here. He is the kind of individual that could persuade anyone to buy into his ideas however crazy they might appear on the outside.

• Like 1

Dude Bjarke Ingels is like....my architecture jesus! I love BIG. They are out of Denmark. He did a great interview about his latest buildings in New York with the New York Times! I've always adored his process and rational. Every step he takes in each concept is well thought out and logical which gives his architecture a great sense of believability even before they are executed. I an environment where crazy architecture ideas in regard to form are at a premium in this town, his process would fit perfectly here. He is the kind of individual that could persuade anyone to buy into his ideas however crazy they might appear on the outside.

He is notorious for this kind of thing.

He is notorious for this kind of thing.

Whats crazy is that the dude is only 40! With some of the projects they have had rolling out over the past few years that means he was looking down some of this stuff even earlier like mid to late 30's! Thats almost unheard of. If there was an architect to break the mold here in Houston he could.

At least in my experience, a formal dinning room is only used for holiday meals with family, but they can also be re-purposed to be studies, home offices, etc.  So a formal dining room isn't necessarily useless.  And if we want to attract families into the city, then they have to be able to have thanksgiving and invite all their family to eat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...