iPad Air

What are everyone's thoughts, comments, etc. about the iPad announced earlier this morning?

Thinner, lighter, twice as fast as the previous model, A7 and M7 chips, 64bit processor, free iWorks/iLife….it's a great update.

I do wish they would have included TouchID though….

Actually, I got the 5s about 3 weeks ago and I don't really find touch ID useful. No-ones ever hacked into my iphone 5,4s, or 3 before, so why would someone hack into my 5s? I also have already gained a habit of putting in a passcode, so I don't feel as comfortable with touch ID as I so with the regular passcode.

Actually, I got the 5s about 3 weeks ago and I don't really find touch ID useful. No-ones ever hacked into my iphone 5,4s, or 3 before, so why would someone hack into my 5s? I also have already gained a habit of putting in a passcode, so I don't feel as comfortable with touch ID as I so with the regular passcode.

According to our security people at work passcodes are hackable.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not about someone hacking into your phone.  The chances of that happening on an iDevice are very remote.  But it's very helpful if you have your iPhone stolen, which happened to me in Rome.

Since then I've used a passcode on my phone, and thought it was fine.  Then I started using the TouchID, and didn't realize how obnoxious the passcode really is.  It's like having a passcode without having to actually do anything, since I press the home button to wake the phone anyway.

Maybe the digits on your passcode are more conveniently arranged than mine, but I find the passcode kind of obnoxious, and moreso since I tried TouchID.

One feature I wish Apple would steal from the one Android phone that has fingerprint recognition is that you can configure different fingers to automatically open different apps.   For example, thumb is the home page.  Index finger goes straight to e-mail.  Pinky is for Twitter, etc...

Archived