Parking Garage At 1311 Louisiana St.

lockmat

Wellllll cranes been up on this one for a couple days, bringing downtowns total to 5! I actually like this project in its quirky Houston Uniqueness. It should be in the going up section! Sure it's a parking garage but it's 16 stories! That's more than most apartment buildings going up haha

Edited by ClutchCity
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i generally think of the parking district as the area to the southeast of this parking deck where all the surface parking lots are/were. this new parking deck and the other ones you mention are needed b/c of all the tall commercial buildings that surround them and line Louisiana (albeit this one is towards the south end of Louisiana)

htown - I share your perception of where the traditional Parking District is (rapidly becoming was); hence my designation of this as the High Rise Parking District.  Kinda like the old Chinatown that used to be east of downtown, which was supplanted by the newer development out southwest.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great stuff, but too many parking garages in this area, it need to diversify itself soon!

On the contrary I've always liked the idea of a concentrated downtown Parking District.  It would be nice to have all future parking garages built around here with a shuttle bus to take people elsewhere around downtown. 

• 2 weeks later...

On the contrary I've always liked the idea of a concentrated downtown Parking District. It would be nice to have all future parking garages built around here with a shuttle bus to take people elsewhere around downtown.

Well there's that green bus route that goes around there circling around the skyline district to the convention/ballpark district

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...