Sign in to follow this  
Urbannizer

City View Terrace I & II: 336-Unit Multifamily with Retail in EaDo

10066010996_6543016b3e_b.jpg

10066068773_0cdec1e290_b.jpg

10065963345_9d79c63440_b.jpg

• 3 Levels of Parking, 4 Levels of Apartment Space, 1 level of Retail Space 
  • Taking up whole city block, located on SE corner of the George R Brown Convention Center, bound by Clay, St. Emanuel, Bell & Chartes
  • Possible uses for retail space include grocery store and/or food court (Over 50,000 SF of retail space)
  • Developer: PMI Clay LLC 
  • Total Project Cost: $42 Million, w/ $39 Million secured
  • Estimated Ground Breaking: 4th Quarter 2013, w/ end of 2015 completion date.
  • Like 7

Very cool. BTW, what is Watershed Market (mentioned on pg. 2 of the slide)? Ran it through a search engine and didn't find anything.

Edited by urban909
  • Like 1

Very close to one of the two additional convention center hotels, proposed East of 59.

It's by the same developer, so I'm guessing he nixed the hotel. I haven't looked close enough yet to determine if its the same site but it looks like it.

• Like 1

...and a very white dog too. 

Rather sad that the Hotel Project may not happen.  However...Residental/Retail ain't too bad.  Wonder what the developer has in mind for the block to the north.  Maybe the Hotel idea is still being considered...just on one block.  Still could be a tower without a large ballroom/meeting room facility.  Having some retail across the street wouldn't hurt that concept.

However..."EaDo" in lights on two newly revealed projects?!  Gawd! 

• Like 1

Is this not taking up two blocks, once again taking away another street? It looks like it per the link site location.

• Like 1

Is this not taking up two blocks, once again taking away another street? It looks like it per the link site location.

Two blocks are highlighted on the site location map for the project but the renderings all look to be for just one block. Maybe Nips hotel will be on the other block???

• Like 1

^  The narrative included in the initial post clearly states ONE city block:

"Taking up whole city block, located on SE corner of the George R Brown Convention Center, bound by Clay, St. Emanuel, Bell & Chartres."

The hotel site is the block to the north...Bell, St. Emanuel, Polk & Chartres.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

I like it, its not super noteworthy, but makes for good infill. Just wish it was actually inside the loop.

• Like 2

I like it, its not super noteworthy, but makes for good infill. Just wish it was actually inside the loop.

:huh:

• Like 5

Huh ??  It is inside the loop.....

• Like 2

Huh ?? It is inside the loop.....

To a lot of people the loop does not extend past 288 and 45. Still a funny comment tho.

• Like 1

^ The narrative included in the initial post clearly states ONE city block:

"Taking up whole city block, located on SE corner of the George R Brown Convention Center, bound by Clay, St. Emanuel, Bell & Chartres."

The hotel site is the block to the north...Bell, St. Emanuel, Polk & Chartres.

Never mind Edited by lockmat
  • Like 1

Maybe he meant inside the "loop" formed by 10, 45 and 59 around Downtown as opposed to the actual 610 Loop.

This. Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

Uh, it is inside "the loop."

• Like 1

He meant the inner inner inner loop.. 59/45/10. Lol.

I dig this project but agree it would be nice if they covered the parking garage with vines. It's not too bad though.. Hopefully they score some nice retail or that much needed grocery store.

Won't the project be isolated behind grb after they build the grb expansion? Or is it on the edge along the street the east end streetcar is supposed to go down into downtown?

Edit, looks like its 1 block north of the east west line into downtown, but may be along the north/south streetcar line?

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 1

I kind of figured, But I've been here a long time and have never heard that called "the loop."

• Like 2

Won't the project be isolated behind grb after they build the grb expansion? Or is it on the edge along the street the east end streetcar is supposed to go down into downtown?

St. Emanuel St. is the main drag in EaDo. It's a good enough location, I have a friend who used to live in the Ballpark Lofts and it's just like living in Midtown except a little quieter and the rent's sightly cheaper (or was). Nice infill, I'm sure we'll see plenty of freeway shots of it's construction.

Edited by infinite_jim
  • Like 1

Sorry about the repeated post I made about "inside the loop." Scrolled through fast initially and didn't see the other comments. Still an odd comment.

• Like 1

The variance hearing was October 31.    Staff recommended approval of the variance.  Presumably, it was approved.  (Meeting minutes are not on-line yet.)

Interesting stuff from the Agenda:

Most of the walls on the ground floor will be glass, allowing the pedestrians on the public sidewalk interesting views into the building as well as allowing the people working in the retail space to view activity on the sidewalk and street. These viewing opportunities not only make it more attractive for pedestrians to walk beside the building but also make it safer for people outside and inside. Sidewalks will be wide with enhanced paving and benches. Paving will extend from the building wall to the curb. This will result in a 16.5’ sidewalk on Clay, a 12.8’ sidewalk on Bell, a 14.5’on Chartres and 19.5’ on St. Emanuel.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 5

The variance hearing was October 31.    Staff recommended approval of the variance.  Presumably, it was approved.  (Meeting minutes are not on-line yet.)

Interesting stuff from the Agenda:

Most of the walls on the ground floor will be glass, allowing the pedestrians on the public sidewalk interesting views into the building as well as allowing the people working in the retail space to view activity on the sidewalk and street. These viewing opportunities not only make it more attractive for pedestrians to walk beside the building but also make it safer for people outside and inside. Sidewalks will be wide with enhanced paving and benches. Paving will extend from the building wall to the curb. This will result in a 16.5’ sidewalk on Clay, a 12.8’ sidewalk on Bell, a 14.5’on Chartres and 19.5’ on St. Emanuel.

Thanks for sharing! I haven't dug into these reports like I used to.

• Like 1

Drove by the site today. Surprised we haven't heard anything about this.

• Like 1

Drove by the site today. Surprised we haven't heard anything about this.

No activity?

No activity?

None. There was caution tape around a tree but I don't know if that's been there the entire time or not.

• Like 2

None. There was caution tape around a tree but I don't know if that's been there the entire time or not.

What I was talking about. The other ones aren't marked and I noticed smaller flags all around the site today.

13634461784_6f88b7529f_c.jpg

I would be interested in moving into this place. I called PMI to follow up as to the status of this project. The receptionist took a message and should have someone call me back early next week.

• Like 1

I got a call back on this project today. It is still in the 'planning and due diligence' stages but appears to be grinding forward. I hoped for a more definite timeline, but at least there wasn't an indication that this was dead.

• Like 5

Saw a tall green fence, with construction company signs around one of these blocks yesterday. Maybe the fence has been up for a while. But, I hadn't noticed it until yesterday.

Hope that a grocery store is still part of the project.

• Like 3

Continued movement on this is good to hear. A grocery store would do wonders to spur additional development in the area--eliminating the 'food desert' problem.