http://swamplot.com/land-is-being-cleared-for-new-apartments-next-to-the-soccer-stadium/2014-08-28/

Just read this in Swamplot. Is anyone familiar with another apartment project by the Dynamo stadium?

Only that JLB is responsible for the apartment complex that went up like tinder in the Montrose back in the Spring. They seem keen to rebuild that one as well.

I can't imagine that financing is hard to get in a town that absorbs 21,000 apartments in a year. What's $30 million among friends?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EaDo is a bit less established in terms of multifamily development. However, with the new light rail station and the bevy of construction Downtown, this site does seem prime to connect people with part of the other archipelago of walkable neighborhoods without need to jump in a car.

It looks like this development will take up 2 blocks possibly? They just moved 2 construction trailers up next to the old Tool Mart building on the block north of the recently cleared block (Tool Mart moved so the building is vacant)

IMG_4455.jpeg

It's always been 2 blocks. JLB is just taking over for Mill Creek. Tool Mart was on the Texas side of the 2-block site.

eado-station-aerial-2.jpg

Is that the rendering? I thought that one got canceled ?

It is the cancelled Mill Creek plan. I just posted to show the land involved. JLB Partners bought the same site from Mill Creek back in January. Judging from their portfolio, I think JLB will deliver us a nicer looking project than Mill Creek's Eado Station plan.

Hmmm. Mill Creek's plan was aggressively urban and contemporary. Looking at JLB's website, there are a few decent looking projects, but most of them are mediocre. There was a purity to Mill Creek's design that's lacking from JLB's stuff.

Which scares me. Mill Creek's design perfectly compliments BBVA Compass Stadium. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like same size as the old Mill Creek plans. Any idea on unit sq footage? More importantly, any idea on street level retail facing Dowling & BBVACS?

One of the few times where its made almost a necessity. Been going to Dynamo games for 3 years now as a season ticket holder, not once did i even bother to go to this side of the stadium. PLEASE put some retail here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived