Sign in to follow this  
Urbannizer

EaDo Station Apartments

The siding look on these types of complexes is atrocious to me.  It just screams, "Want roaches?  Consider us!"

Edited by Gator Purify
  • Like 4

I really hope the lighter beige/yellow panels are going to be painted....

Yea, of course they are.

That doesn't look bad..

Yeah I'm actually surprised! If they would just get rid of the darn hardy plank!!!!!! OMG GET RID OF HARDY PLANK!!!!

I still think they missed a golden opportunity to put ground floor retail with these being so close to the stadium! That should have been a no-brainer.

• Like 3

If they get rid of the yellow on the porches these will look very nice.

I actually get why they used a lighter color. I actually don't mind the tanish-yellow, but the material is gross!

• Like 1

Yeah I'm actually surprised! If they would just get rid of the darn hardy plank!!!!!! OMG GET RID OF HARDY PLANK!!!!

I still think they missed a golden opportunity to put ground floor retail with these being so close to the stadium! That should have been a no-brainer.

Agreed.. Does anyone know what occupies the ground floor northeastern corner of the Ballpark Lofts building closest to BBVA/the light rail stop? I wonder if they could somehow implement GFR/a sports bar or something in that corner fronting the stadium/LRT activity.

I like the brown look much better than the yellow.

Y5FCgBU.jpg

KRMS1VE.jpg

The finished product is actually at the southeast corner of Dowling and Capitol.

• Like 3

Liking the way this one turned out.

Random side note.... wish the East Side TIRZ, Dynamo, Astros, and Harris County Sports Authority or Whatever could get together and developed a better parking solution to the two stadiums and add a little bit of mixed use on that large surface lot across from BBVA Stadium. 

Edited by kdog08

Random side note.... wish the East Side TIRZ, Dynamo, Astros, and Harris County Sports Authority or Whatever could get together and developed a better parking solution to the two stadiums and add a little bit of mixed use on that large surface lot across from BBVA Stadium.

heh, I'm sure more than a few of us have wished that very same thing. i know I've drawn up mixed use developments on those parking lots, redistributing the surface parking spaces into 2 garages, one next to each stadium (it would be cool to see a [narrow] garage between MMP and 59 with upper deck ball park connectivity to the upper floors of the garage for direct access to your vehicle, without ever having to go outside), allowing a handful of blocks to be open to redevelopment. not to mention the proposed trenching/rerouting of 59/45 with a potential deck park above would come into play for the redevelopment of those parking lots. green space is always a positive for developers.

I like it better every time I go by.

x6tFzJE.jpg

Working on the skybridge.

DPFKcAM.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 9

hopefully put in some vines, but probably nothing.

If I wanted to live in an apartment in/around downtown, this would be my spot. I'd try to get into one of the apartments facing the stadium so I could sit out on my porch and listen to the games, and watch the fireworks for weekend astros games. This is really going to end up being one of the better spots.

^^^ simply stunning illustrations!  gorgeous edifices, along with beautiful and very clean landscaping.  outstanding work houstonmidtown!

• Like 1

I really like how the sidewalk extends all the way to the curb.  Looks inviting and spacious. 

I live in Midtown and work near Hobby.

Note: I'm responding to this as though it's a serious question. With this board, anything can be thinly veiled sarcasm.

Hey do you work in Midtown?

• Like 3

Sorry the lighting is a little off on these...the exposure was way off so I tried to bring them back into viewability.

Eado2_zpsvijnxouc.jpg

Eado1_zpsqnmzgomc.jpg

Edited by brijonmang
  • Like 9

Is that a thinly veiled skywalk in the upper picture?   :ph34r:

• Like 1

I really like how the sidewalk extends all the way to the curb. Looks inviting and spacious.

This city is slowly starting to brace wider sidewalks... but all along Greenway Plaza and through some areas of the Galleria need some nice wide sidewalks to encourage pedestrian traffic

I live in Midtown and work near Hobby.

Note: I'm responding to this as though it's a serious question. With this board, anything can be thinly veiled sarcasm.

Oh no I work with a Phillip White. Just wondering.

The rental office is now open....

I saw some patio furniture on one of the units last weekend, it might be a model unit or people are already moving in.