Catalyst: Residential High-Rise At 1475 Texas Ave.

TowerSpotter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After sitting in my backyard watching up close the construction of the Menil drawing center I have been able to see all of the things

that take so long to get a building out of the ground. The amount of time to just put all of the rebar together for the structural

elements that go into the columns and walls of these buildings. It takes them quite a while to tie all of that rebar together.

They are just starting to take the forms off of the first wall in the basement and its taken probably three weeks of tying rebar

together, just to build this one wall. Concrete wok is labor intensive.

• Like 8

After sitting in my backyard watching up close the construction of the Menil drawing center I have been able to see all of the things

that take so long to get a building out of the ground. The amount of time to just put all of the rebar together for the structural

elements that go into the columns and walls of these buildings. It takes them quite a while to tie all of that rebar together.

They are just starting to take the forms off of the first wall in the basement and its taken probably three weeks of tying rebar

together, just to build this one wall. Concrete wok is labor intensive.

you almost have to wonder how long before there's a huge 3d rebar printer...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...