Catalyst: Residential High-Rise At 1475 Texas Ave.

TowerSpotter

So can we assume that some of those tenants on the east side of the building will get a view of the Astros blowing yet another late inning lead?

You can not assume that. The Astros will easily be above .500 next season. I'll put money on that.

The residents will get a view of Springer and Carters' bombs leaving the park.

• Like 2

This tower looks great! I just think that the city should stop making luxury towers and start putting up basic low income towers. Those, to me at least, make a city also look very nice and urban.

Please go watch a documentary called "the pruitt igoe myth" right now. It's on netflix. Like seriously just watch it.

Then lets see if you have the same opinion. Low income housing isn't something you just throw up and boom! Diversity, Urban, uplift from poverty. These are mistaken notions of the past and shouldn't be repeated again nor romanticized as something we just "didn't do right" or "wasn't implemented properly" or "it works in theory just no one has really tried". Btw If it feels like I'm jumping on you...it's because I am, but its for the right reasons. If anything watch that documentary because it's just a good architecture documentary.

• Like 1

This tower looks great! I just think that the city should stop making luxury towers and start putting up basic low income towers. Those, to me at least, make a city also look very nice and urban.

This is a great idea!

They should build one complex with two towers. I propose the following names Cabrini-Green.

Yep, great idea.

But you need low-priced density before you have the high-priced density. Still tons of room to build rowhouses and 5-story apartments inside the loop before something like the Presidential towers would work.

Of course, the two Skyhouses on Main are kind of like a mini-Presidential towers, so maybe it could work...

Edited by H-Town Man

Sounds like we need to get a petition going to save the sandbox!

With its clean lines, symmetry, and classic features, we really MUST save it. It represents a lot of our heritage. I am forming a new tax emempt group - C.C.W.S.B.S ....... "Concerned Citizens Want SandBox Saved." Anyone want to join me in my efforts to move this structure over to the Nau?

Edited by UtterlyUrban
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...