Catalyst: Residential High-Rise At 1475 Texas Ave.

TowerSpotter

Downtown is going to literally look like Sim City around New Years. My god.

It amazing, right? Another thread lists a guestimate of downtown cranes in 6 months or so.... The guess was about 20. If "about correct" that is simply amazing. We are talking about an Area that is about 1 mile by 1 mile.......

Downtown is going to be torn up a bit (roads/lanes blocked, weekend closures) and that will be a touch inconvenient. But, I am totally thrilled that all this is getting off the ground seemingly all at once. Now, if Camden Conte and Hess residential, and Hines Market Square would hurry up and get to diggin', that would be amazing on top of Amazing. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The newest, a 28-story luxury apartment tower on Texas Avenue between Austin and LaBranch, will have floor-to-ceiling windows, an infinity-edged swimming pool and a private club room with views of home plate.

Chicago-based Marquette Cos., is planning to break ground on the building - which will be called Catalyst - on Wednesday.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Projects-rise-near-ballpark-5856796.php?cmpid=twitter-premium&t=8b2afe02eaf1bd0534

• Like 5

I wonder what the rents will be on the top two floors mentioned? HO-Le-crupper, batman! I think will will saunter over to the leasing office in a few months, unshaven, in stained shorts,a t-shirt, and dirty sneakers and ask!

November 5th. woo! it sounds pretty cool too. glad to hear there will be multiple different price points.

Yes, it sound like there will be several price points. You will be able to choose from:

1) extremely expensive

2) unbelievably expensive

3) uber, utterly shockingly expensive

4) is this how the Top 5% live? Expensive and

5) "oh, so this is the 1% that everyone talks about" expensive

Five choices. Take your pick.

• Like 4

Yes, it sound like there will be several price points. You will be able to choose from:

1) extremely expensive

2) unbelievably expensive

3) uber, utterly shockingly expensive

4) is this how the Top 5% live? Expensive and

5) "oh, so this is the 1% that everyone talks about" expensive

Five choices. Take your pick.

Ha. I knew this joke was coming..

• Like 1

As great as these places are, and as awesome as it is that all this is being built downtown, when I think of how high the rents will be, I would still honestly rather be in a similar high rise in the Galleria.

As many leaps and bounds as we have made downtown, there still isnt enough retail in the immediate area, as opposed to the galleria.

In other words, when all of these rich people want to go shopping on the weekends, they will still have to get in their cars and drive out of downtown to get there, ("there" probably being the galleria area) because there damn sure aint any shopping downtown.

I would much rather live downtown. The traffic in the Galleria sucks as do the bars.

So would I. There's Minute Maid Park, Toyota Center, and Discovery Green, plus it's only a short train ride to NRG Stadium. There's also the theater district with the symphony, orchestra, opera, ballet, and Alley Theater. I also think that the views from this highrise will be much better than anything in Uptown.

• Like 2

As great as these places are, and as awesome as it is that all this is being built downtown, when I think of how high the rents will be, I would still honestly rather be in a similar high rise in the Galleria.

As many leaps and bounds as we have made downtown, there still isnt enough retail in the immediate area, as opposed to the galleria.

In other words, when all of these rich people want to go shopping on the weekends, they will still have to get in their cars and drive out of downtown to get there, ("there" probably being the galleria area) because there damn sure aint any shopping downtown.

Proximity to Flying Saucer > Proximity to retail

• Like 4

So would I. There's Minute Maid Park, Toyota Center, and Discovery Green, plus it's only a short train ride to NRG Stadium. There's also the theater district with the symphony, orchestra, opera, ballet, and Alley Theater. I also think that the views from this highrise will be much better than anything in Uptown.

I was talking about shopping and retail buddy, not going to plays and ballgames.

I was talking about shopping and retail buddy, not going to plays and ballgames.

You were saying that you would rather be in a high rise in the Galleria because of the shopping. I was just stating some other factors that people might take into account besides shopping which might influence them to choose a downtown high rise over an Uptown high rise.

• Like 3

Lol. I just noticed that.

lol Yeah I didn't notice that either for awhile. I know what it's like to Misspell titles on Forums and its a good feeling -.- You gotta give a heads up though and support them in making the correction.

I remember I was like.....ok I'm not that great of a speller, but I know this is missing a letter somewhere!

These places are mostly for people who work downtown.  If I work downtown and wanted to live in a high-rise, I would live downtown.  I go shopping about 3 times per year, I go to work 5 days a week.  For people who work in the Galleria, living in the Galleria makes more sense.  It's all about the commute.  

• Like 3

Downtown > Galleria for me.

Market Square, Discovery Green, Buffalo Bayou trails, Sundance, Alley, Hobby, Jones Hall, Minute Maid, Toyota Center, House of Blues, Dynamo, Warehouse Live, LaCarafe, Warren's Inn, Hearsay, Batanga's patio, Little Dipper, and more right at your door step. 

Galleria wins for Kenny and Ziggy's and yearly trip to Container Store. 

• Like 3