Urbannizer

Mid Main — Mixed-Use Development for Midtown (3600 Main)

Agreed. Wherever Home Slice Pizza signs on in Mid Main, the decor will fit its surrounding, creating a cool vibe. From a food perspective, my one concern is quality. When a food related business expands into a new market, sometimes the quality and cooking techniques aren't held to the same standards as the original location. From a fan perspective, I'm overjoyed to have another one of my Austin faves in town.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
spelling error
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 3:41 PM, Triton said:

I know. Pretty exciting we are getting it here.

On 10/2/2019 at 5:58 AM, corbs315 said:

Oh wow that space would be a great fit for them.

On 11/19/2019 at 4:10 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

As some of you may know, I reported on Houston's dining scene for Eater, Zagat, Houstonia and my own site under my username.

I shared the post from this forum about Home Slice's move into the Houston market to my peers covering restaurants for CultureMap, Houstonia, PaperCity, Houston Press, Houston Business Journal. I also followed up with Home Slice and received the same response given to the aforementioned publications.

I don't have much to add but thought it was only right to share this on this forum after passing along the comment from here: after reserving the entity Home Slice Pizza Mid Main LLC a few months back, Home Slice filed the name last week. The filing solidifies their plans to open in Mid Main in Midtown. Maybe CultureMap will be the first to report on further details once Home Slice confirms.

Home Slice will be taking the former Sparrow location at 3701 Travis

https://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Austin-s-Home-Slice-Pizza-to-slice-into-Midtown-15047183.php

Coming "Early 2021"

• Like 1

Trendy Austin pizza joint expands to Houston 

Austin-based Home Slice Pizza plans to open a location in Houston.

KIRSTEN KAISER PHOTOGRAPHY

greenwood-giselle*90xx1000-1333-0-0.png
By Giselle Greenwood  – Editor-in-chief, Houston Business Journal 
Feb 11, 2020, 1:17pm CST Updated 3 hours ago

Home Slice Pizza, a popular Austin pizza restaurant, plans to open its first location in Houston in early 2021. 

The restaurant will be located in Midtown at 3701 Travis St., adjacent to the Continental Club and across the street from the Mid Main Lofts. 

Additional details, such as square footage of the space and an exact opening date, were not disclosed. 

Co-founder Joseph Strickland is a native Houstonian who grew up in Sharpstown. Home Slice was founded by Strickland, his wife Jen and her college roommate, Terri Hannifin Buis. The Houston eatery marks the team's first expansion outside of Austin since first opening its doors in 2005. 

“Midtown is evolving into the most walkable, dense neighborhood in Houston, making it a perfect fit for the Home Slice brand, which is rooted in the pizzerias and slice joints of NYC,” said Joseph Strickland. “I am personally thrilled to be part of the team bringing Home Slice to my hometown.”

Rumors of Home Slice coming to Houston first broke in October.

Home Slice has three locations in Austin — two on South Congress and one in the North Loop area off 53rd Street. The home of hot slices was ranked as one of the top pizzerias in the country by TripAdvisor.

In Houston, pizza is big business. Houston-based Russo's New York Pizzeria & Italian Kitchen recently expanded to the Dallas-Fort Worth area and has plans to open 10 to 15 units over the next three years, partially owning some and partially franchising out other locations. In January, Russo's announced it would open a location in the Heights, and in June 2019, it announced plans to open a string of breweries.

Houston restaurateur, Benjamin Berg, and his brother, partner and executive chef, Daniel Bergalso launched into the pizza space last year with the opening of B.B. Pizza inside his Italian restaurant concept, B.B. Italia Kitchen & Bar.

• Like 3