Mid Main: Mixed-Use Development For Midtown

Urbannizer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just drove by this. I am excited to see this happen. 1) nice density 2) getting people to the cool part of midtown 3) good design 4) the net effects to the area

question: is there an office portion of this that is planned? If so, is it under construction, or a different phase?

Just drove by this. I am excited to see this happen. 1) nice density 2) getting people to the cool part of midtown 3) good design 4) the net effects to the area

question: is there an office portion of this that is planned? If so, is it under construction, or a different phase?

Yes. A 16 story office high rise across Main. Not sure when it's supposed to start though?

We're going to see a groundbreaking within 60 days on Mid Main for a new parking garage and multifamily units. (Nobody tell the ground though, it might get scared and run away.) Developer RHS Interests selected Transwestern to lease the office portion, which should move some dirt of its own when the ink starts to dry on preleasing.

63073_1401734347_MidMainRendering.jpg

Mid Main is a 215k SF mixed-use project, which includes 203k SF of Class-A office. Transwestern's Doug Little and David Lee are marketing that space. David tells us the eight-story building will be at 3501 Main St (along the light rail) and is a unique blend of transit-oriented office space and a lifestyle center element that should be great for recruiting employees. Mid Main's office space will have nearly 10,000 SF of retail, and RHS is also building a 363-unit multifamily building with another 20k SF of retail. It's adjacent to Midtown Arts & Theater Center (MATCH), which broke ground last month. Lewis Property Co's Greg Lewis is leasing the retail space. Construction on the garage will begin immediately, with the office tower breaking ground when it secures a lead tenant. It's scheduled for completion in spring 2016.

-

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/1872-the-deal-sheet/

I get the feeling this wont start construction anytime soon... The only reason why I say that is all the oil price talk. BUTTT.... you never know. I would love to see this go up.

• 2 weeks later...

Cranes left to right.

1. The Hamilton Apartments 

2. Alexan Midtown 

3. Pearl Phase II

4. The MATCH 

5. Mid Main (Still being assembled)

Broadstone Phase II crane just to the right of this picture.

Cranes left to right.

1.       Dolce Living at Midtown West Crane

2.       Dolce Living at Midtown East Crane

3.       The Hamilton Apartments

4.       Alexan Midtown

5.       Pearl Phase II

6.       Mid Main North Crane

7.       Mid Main South Crane

8.       Broadstone Phase II

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 1

Cranes left to right.

1.       Dolce Living at Midtown West Crane

2.       Dolce Living at Midtown East Crane

3.       The Hamilton Apartments

4.       Alexan Midtown

5.       Pearl Phase II

6.       Mid Main North Crane

7.       Mid Main South Crane

8.       Broadstone Phase II

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Second tower crane base I spotted while eating breakfast at Natachee's this morning. At first I thought it might be another section for the crane already up but then it seems like the first crane is probably as high as it needs to be and the second base has electrical hook ups set at it's base. Plus the first crane can't even come close to reaching this part of the project.

qrfcmr6.jpg

7BvM1Cs.jpg

• Like 7