JPMorgan Chase Tower At 600 Travis St.

Greens!

I was going through a downtown website and found that Wells Fargo has a observation deck

Wells Fargo Plaza

1000 Louisiana

At 71 stories, Wells Fargo Plaza is the second tallest building in Houston, and the tallest all-glass-exterior building in the Western Hemisphere. Take an elevator up to the 58th floor to get a wonderful view of Houston.

Has anyone been there?

• Like 1

I was going through a downtown website and found that Wells Fargo has a observation deck

Has anyone been there?

I've been there a couple of times. It is a nice view, If the weather is clear, you'd be surprised at the view. I may be headed downtown later in the week, if i remember i'll take my camera.

• Like 1

there use to be an observation deck on the top of the Exxon Building, but closed way before my time in 71 or 72. But knowing people in the Petroleum Club, you might be able to get up there. Anyhow, Mon-fri (business hours) the Chase Tower observation deck is open.

There are 2 in the Wells Fargo Plaza, one on the 59th and 58th floor, and 30 something.

• Like 1

there are also some nice views from the roofs of parking garages as well as rooftops of buildings (if you know the right folks ;))

best part is, no glass when taking pictures

Yeah, once I was able to get outside on the little balcony along the point at the top of the BOA. Awesome views from outside! :D

• Like 1

And restaurants with views: the 43rd (Wedge Int'l Tower) and Plaza Club (50th Floor One Shell - membership I think). Of course the Hyatt's Spindletop but hemmed in by skyscrapers.

I took my wife to Spindletop for Valentine's Day a couple of years ago. Don't worry about it being hemmed in. At night the view is really dynamic and interesting.

• Like 1

I took my wife to Spindletop for Valentine's Day a couple of years ago. Don't worry about it being hemmed in. At night the view is really dynamic and interesting.

I had the opportunity a few years back to hang out on the roof of the America Tower (AG Center). The building is only 40 some odd stories, but its location outside of Downtown allowed for 360 degrees views. It was a clear day and the views were amazing. I wish I would have had a camera.

• Like 1

Yes, definitely some sweet views from that building...i even like the allen parkway section down on the ground. its a nice area

I agree. The complex itself is a mix of old buildings (Wortham Tower) dating from the 60's- 80's. The Life building in the back of the back of the complex was recently renovated and looks pretty cool from the inside (as Atrium buildings go). The real problem I see with that complex is the fact that AIG owns and occupies much of the real estate. They have put in way too many security measures and made it very difficult for visitors to enter the building. For a non downtown complex I think it is a pretty darn cool.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was reading the official website history of the tower and found some interesting things...

"The height of the Tower is just shy of three and one half-football fields, standing at 1,049 feet from ground level. The tower has 1.98 million square feet of gross building space." :huh:

Also, they have the 80 story urban legend... Which is not true. :o

The Building's Website

Edited by Montrose1100

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I have been lurking for the last few months and finally decided to introduce myself. I am a native and homesick Houstonian in the Hill Country (Kerrville).

Feel free to take a look at my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/30090334@N05/

Anyway, I will be coming home this weekend for the first time since Ike. My folks live on the west end of Galveston, so I will be helping them with some clean-up. I am also bringing my friend from California who has never been to Texas. I wanted to show her the sky lobby at Chase Tower but I am assuming it is still out of commission. Are the windows still boarded up? I haven't seen any recent pictures of "post-ike Houston." If the JPM tower is out, is the Wells Fargo observation deck open?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Welcome to HAIF. I'm sure your friend will still have fun with all the attractions around.

• Like 1

I have been lurking for the last few months and finally decided to introduce myself. I am a native and homesick Houstonian in the Hill Country (Kerrville).

Feel free to take a look at my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/30090334@N05/

Anyway, I will be coming home this weekend for the first time since Ike. My folks live on the west end of Galveston, so I will be helping them with some clean-up. I am also bringing my friend from California who has never been to Texas. I wanted to show her the sky lobby at Chase Tower but I am assuming it is still out of commission. Are the windows still boarded up? I haven't seen any recent pictures of "post-ike Houston." If the JPM tower is out, is the Wells Fargo observation deck open?

I am not absolutely certain, but I doubt if sky lobby windows were blown out. (1) The vast majority of the blown -out windows were on the east side of the building, while the sky lobby windows face south-ish. (2) The vast majority of the blown out windows were below the 45th floor. The sky lobby is at what, 60?

• Like 1

Welcome to HAIF. I just got back into Houston last week. This is my first week back since the Hurricane. I had to step out of the country but was able to watch the coverage on Fox and CNN. A buddy of mine works at Chase tower and said he thinks the sky lobby is open. I have tomorrow off and one of my soldiers is in town from San Antonio, I was thinking about showing him the sky lobbies and tunnels.

• Like 1