Market Square Tower: 40-Story High-Rise At 777 Preston St.

Urbannizer

It looks like stone of some kind, but maybe that's being pedantic.

Whatever they do to finish out the lower floors will make all the difference in the world. The JW Marriott looked like a hot mess when they were stenciling on the "brick", but it came out pretty nice.

I just went by the site and spoke with some of the workers.

1. The brick/stone is actually a manufactured cement based stone/brick.

2. It is going all the way to the top.

I don't know how it will wear, but I kind of like the stone look.

I would have preferred brick like the new fingers project across from Minute Maid.

• Like 4

I just went by the site and spoke with some of the workers.

1. The brick/stone is actually a manufactured cement based stone/brick.

2. It is going all the way to the top.

I don't know how it will wear, but I kind of like the stone look.

I would have preferred brick like the new fingers project across from Minute Maid.

Yeah kinda guessed that it was some kind of stone veneer. So its a cast cement stone which is fine. It definitely lowers the cost from using real stone and once you get to those heights it doesn't really matter because it all looks the same from ground level. I rather have the stone from brick considering how tall the building is.

Sooooo it's going to look like a residential version of One Shell Plaza? Think I like the sound of that.

I agree I think it will look classy. Now we need to see what the heck they're going to do to make that ugly parking garage behind it look better since to me it has been one of the ugliest things about the skyline view of this part of downtown.

• Like 1

Even though the Market Square high rise and the Hines Market Square tower will be average in height, compared to the Republic, Chase

or the 609 Main, it will still move the boundaries of high rise downtown out several blocks to the north. Just like the two 20 story

courthouses on Franklin and Caroline did to the northeast side of town and like the new Marriot, Catalyst and Starwood hotels

will do to the east side.

If you drive in from I-10 east or 59, you'll see what I mean. It just pushes the perimeter.

• Like 5

Thats the name of the company from New Jersey that owns all of these different chains. They own Westin, Sheraton, St. Regis, W and 6

other chains including the ones I'm talking about. I think they own about 450 hotels worldwide.

I'm referring to the two 14 story hotels that they are building on the same

block very close to the Marriot. I'm sure Monarch is familiar with Starwood.

Edited by bobruss