Market Square Tower: 40-Story High-Rise At 777 Preston St.

Urbannizer

• 2 weeks later...

I guess there is a gap between tower and garage, where the pool will sit there

I guess there is a gap between tower and garage, where the pool will sit there

IAkGfz9.jpg

interesting.. i never noticed the gap. but there isn't a pool back there? hopefully they will make it a little dog run or some other form of amenity for the residents instead of just being dead space. it does make you wonder what will be on the lower floors in the back. all the amenities? hopefully no units...

interesting.. i never noticed the gap. but there isn't a pool back there? hopefully they will make it a little dog run or some other form of amenity for the residents instead of just being dead space. it does make you wonder what will be on the lower floors in the back. all the amenities? hopefully no units...

There is no gap that is just a partial representation of the parking garage. Any pool back there would never see the sun and thus would never be used. Pools on the east side and on the top floor

There is no gap that is just a partial representation of the parking garage. Any pool back there would never see the sun and thus would never be used. Pools on the east side and on the top floor

Ah that makes sense. And yeah, my question mark was more towards the comment I quoted who I thought was saying there would be a pool back there. But as you basically said, that would be stupid. Heh

Interesting.  The parking garage is a lot taller than what is represented there.  I wonder if the first 10 floors or so of the tower (2 in the base and 8 of the tower structure) are parking?

Interesting.  The parking garage is a lot taller than what is represented there.  I wonder if the first 10 floors or so of the tower (2 in the base and 8 of the tower structure) are parking?

Parking garage only looks about 4 stories at best in my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always wanted to join, but I have no bike haha. How is the experience? Looks like a party.

I've been going for two years now. It's a lot of fun. It's definitely calmed down from it's earlier time, especially thanks to the police presence. They really help out. During last night's trip, we went to UofH, Texas Medical Center, Rice Village and then to River Oaks and back into downtown. The weather was perfect... probably the best one I've ever been to.

• Like 1

I get the idea of increasing drivers' awareness of people on two wheels, having ridden both self and motor powered bikes for a loooong time.

I'm fine with sharing the road, even when that means I've got to jam on the brakes to avoid hitting some entitled Fred Spandex running a stop sign or pulling a J hook even when my right blinky is on and the light is green.  The sidewalk, however, is not the road.  That's why its called a sideWALK

• Like 1

I get the idea of increasing drivers' awareness of people on two wheels, having ridden both self and motor powered bikes for a loooong time.

I'm fine with sharing the road, even when that means I've got to jam on the brakes to avoid hitting some entitled Fred Spandex running a stop sign or pulling a J hook even when my right blinky is on and the light is green.  The sidewalk, however, is not the road.  That's why its called a sideWALK

I think it has moved past driver awareness honestly. I feel like it's just an event for a big group of Houstonians to enjoy Houston on their bikes but maybe that's just me. Other people have their other reasons for going. As for Fred Spandex, there are morons on both sides.... it's just the vehicle/bike they chose to be idiotic with....

I actually used to believe that about riding on sidewalks but it is perfectly legal for a bike to be on a sidewalk (under a certain mph) and in Houston, it's very necessary... Sometimes it is frankly unsafe to be in a lane with cars, as seen with all the ghost bikes around town (people run over by wreckless drivers).

Edited by Triton
  • Like 3