Sign in to follow this  
Urbannizer

Market Square Tower: 40-Story High-Rise for Downtown

I just went by the site and spoke with some of the workers.

1. The brick/stone is actually a manufactured cement based stone/brick.

2. It is going all the way to the top.

I don't know how it will wear, but I kind of like the stone look.

I would have preferred brick like the new fingers project across from Minute Maid.

Yeah kinda guessed that it was some kind of stone veneer. So its a cast cement stone which is fine. It definitely lowers the cost from using real stone and once you get to those heights it doesn't really matter because it all looks the same from ground level. I rather have the stone from brick considering how tall the building is.

Sooooo it's going to look like a residential version of One Shell Plaza? Think I like the sound of that.

Edited by urbanize713

Sooooo it's going to look like a residential version of One Shell Plaza? Think I like the sound of that.

I agree I think it will look classy. Now we need to see what the heck they're going to do to make that ugly parking garage behind it look better since to me it has been one of the ugliest things about the skyline view of this part of downtown.

• Like 1

Even though the Market Square high rise and the Hines Market Square tower will be average in height, compared to the Republic, Chase

or the 609 Main, it will still move the boundaries of high rise downtown out several blocks to the north. Just like the two 20 story

courthouses on Franklin and Caroline did to the northeast side of town and like the new Marriot, Catalyst and Starwood hotels

will do to the east side.

If you drive in from I-10 east or 59, you'll see what I mean. It just pushes the perimeter.

• Like 5

Thats the name of the company from New Jersey that owns all of these different chains. They own Westin, Sheraton, St. Regis, W and 6

other chains including the ones I'm talking about. I think they own about 450 hotels worldwide.

I'm referring to the two 14 story hotels that they are building on the same

block very close to the Marriot. I'm sure Monarch is familiar with Starwood.

Edited by bobruss

Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites.  But, they are Hilton Brands.  I thought maybe you let some information slip.  Darn.

Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites.  But, they are Hilton Brands.  I thought maybe you let some information slip.  Darn.

You haven't heard about the 120 story W going up next to the Marlowe? 

• Like 2

Heard about it?!  I'm designing and financing it.  And... I'm going to name the suite on the top two floors " The Naviguessor Suite". 

• Like 5

Heard about it?! I'm designing and financing it. And... I'm going to name the suite on the top two floors " The Naviguessor Suite".

Great just what we need, a tiki-themed hotel.

^ Precisely. Can't wait to see the impact it has once it's finished.

You will have Hines Market Square in that frame too.

• Like 2

Yes, this building really does stand out coming in from the north. It stands out prominent from 45 and 10. At first I thought it was 609 main then I realized it was too skinny to be 609 main. My perception was off, didn't really expect this to be so prominently central. Hines market Square should give the north face an even deeper look

• Like 2

Love this new building but the garage next door  . . . . not so much. Are there any plans for a face lift of some sort? Vines? Mural? Something?

Love this new building but the garage next door  . . . . not so much. Are there any plans for a face lift of some sort? Vines? Mural? Something?

They ought to for what they now charge monthly for parking.

They ought to for what they now charge monthly for parking.

^ preach! They also ought to give us real sized parking spaces, but alas, I digress.

^ preach! They also ought to give us real sized parking spaces, but alas, I digress.

I think the spaces along the outside walls are bigger.  I drive an SUV and don't seem to have a problem.  The inner spaces seem smaller.  The spaces at the Alley Garage are way to small.

I think the spaces along the outside walls are bigger.  I drive an SUV and don't seem to have a problem.  The inner spaces seem smaller.  The spaces at the Alley Garage are way to small.

I'll take your word for it. I got lucky and ended up with a spot on the end and drive a crossover, so my life could be worse, but the rest of my office is on the inner loop and all drive full size sedans, trucks, and SUVs. Most of them can't help that even parked straight, their tires are on both lines.

Are there any plans for a face lift of some sort? Vines? Mural? Something?

$2,900,000.00 remodel of the parking garage. Construction permit pulled in Feb 24, 2015.

• Like 1

^^^ wow, it almost seems as though these are the very same developers as SKYHOUSE 1, 2, & 3.  this particular edifice is progressing professionally, and at light speed....

• Like 6

*grumbles* that's what happens when you have an astronomical amount of money for your construction budget.

The old pick 2 theory : cost, time, quality. Unless of course you're willing to bump cost, then you can have it all.

• Like 1

Eh, in terms of structure,the type of building,not as much. However, it is all flat slab so that save time and the type of formwork they're able to use as a result of the very simple geomety of this particular building allows them to just go.

Does it help that these are condos as well? I mean, ignoring whatever witchcraft Novare uses, this has gone up a lot quicker than other apartment projects.

Are these condos? I thought they were apartments.

The parking garage... so ugly. If they could just remove all those screens so that you're looking right at the cars, then paint the remaining portions black, it might be somewhat better.

The parking garage... so ugly. If they could just remove all those screens so that you're looking right at the cars, then paint the remaining portions black, it might be somewhat better.

$2.9M remodel planned.

• Like 3

$2.9M remodel planned.

Thanks, I saw where this was reported earlier, just not sure what they've planned. As someone mentioned before, $2.9 million won't buy much.