Market Square Tower: 40-Story High-Rise At 777 Preston St.

Urbannizer

There was an instant pond created after the rains yesterday.  It was interesting to watch stuck vehicles get out of the hole.

They are still digging.  I wonder how deep they will go and what the underground area will be used for.  I had read that residents would park in the adjacent garage.

I haven't seen what that auger thing is doing, but it's in another position today.

Ate lunch at Treebeards today and I parked by this project. Was funny to watch two construction workers fight... one worker got a little too close to another one with a street sweeper and the other one took it really personally. Pushed him off the sweeper too!  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Ate lunch at Treebeards today and I parked by this project. Was funny to watch two construction workers fight... one worker got a little too close to another one with a street sweeper and the other one took it really personally. Pushed him off the sweeper too!  :rolleyes:

I sure hope this is not demonstrative of the talent available in the labor pool. It's bad enough that I once went up in a tower under construction with a worker who was just arriving at the jobsite fresh from a DUI hearing. :wacko:

• Like 1

I sure hope this is not demonstrative of the talent available in the labor pool. It's bad enough that I once went up in a tower under construction with a worker who was just arriving at the jobsite fresh from a DUI hearing. :wacko:

Another Axis apartments?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

does that show the garage entrance/exit ramps facing the east/west sides of the block? we previously thought it was coming out the Preston/front side, closest to MSP, right? below the lower pool... now i would almost guess that area is just a covered pull up/valet type drive way, but im just speculating based on the schematics of the rendering.

Oh boy, all of our fears were true, there will be absolutely no new retail facing the park in an attempt to match the other two sides of Market Square. And all of the "new retail" theyve been touting is actually all the old vacant retail in the ugly ass Kim Son garage.

The only "new retail" I see is a 1,400 square foot slot facing Preston.

Looks like they have made absolutely ZERO effort to interact with the park/square on the street/pedestrian level. Such a shame.

• Like 1

Looks like they have made absolutely ZERO effort to interact with the park/square on the street/pedestrian level. Such a shame.

Even if you don't count Kim Son, there are multiple empty store fronts facing the park and that has been the case for decades.  Maybe someone could bring in an "anchor tenant" to make the immidiate vicinity more attractive, but all the area ever had was potential. Market Square was renovated into a nice park, but apart from the lunch crowd at Niko Niko's, homeless people and the few folks living in the vicinity with dogs, pretty much everyone makes zero effort to interact with the square.