Market Square Tower: 40-Story High-Rise At 777 Preston St.

Urbannizer

A) I wonder if this accident will delay the construction schedule and

B ) if it does, I'm thinking the developer can sue the driver of this truck for damages...especially since the driver was under the influence and ran multiple red lights.

Hope this guy has a good insurance policy

Edited by shasta

Chron article said he did $100,000 worth of damage and would take 2 days to repair, I doubt the guys insurance will cover that much.

A $100,000 property damage coverage with your auto insurance is pretty typical. Hopefully it is already part of their insurance policy.

If he doesn't have it, he could be sued for the damages and required to pay the damages.

Should the developer pay $100,000 because a driver decided to drink and drive and crash into their construction site. This guy's life in about to be drastically affected because of this stupid move.

• Like 1

A $100,000 property damage coverage with your auto insurance is pretty typical. Hopefully it is already part of their insurance policy.

If he doesn't have it, he could be sued for the damages and required to pay the damages.

Should the developer pay $100,000 because a driver decided to drink and drive and crash into their construction site. This guy's life in about to be drastically affected because of this stupid move.

As it should be.. hopefully a wake up call. Unless it was attempted suicide....

I'm happy no lives were spared. Even their own. Life is precious not matter the circumstances. Just imagine it was you. You made one pass of judgment and all of the sudden you are some monster. Rightfully, they did not kill anyone (including themselves), but who are we to make some hasty judgement about someone's life.

• Like 5