Sign in to follow this  
Htowngirl

"HOUSTON" Stamped Brick

I found this brick near the corner of Reinerman and Nett (north of Washington Ave. & Rice Military) after they had torn down a house to build townhomes.  I presume it is part of the original brick streets that are underneath the concrete paving.  A bit of googling tells me that it was from the "Houston Brick & Tile Co." which ceased to exist around 1988.  I was curious as to when the streets in this area were bricked.  The closest I can find is that the Sixth Ward (a couple miles down Washington Ave.) bricked in the 1890s.

I know the blue & white "Reinermann" curb tiles on the corner were put in around 1930, which would mean that was likely when the road was paved with concrete.

I've found the brick on a couple of brick-collectors websites, but they don't have any information, other than the manufacturer.

Any ideas when this area (near Rice Military) was bricked?

IMG_20130902_113847_972.jpg

Edited by Htowngirl

I have no information on your brick. I just started searching the web for the brick I found in the woods at Memorial Park. Similar to yours but not complete.  Found it while metal detecting.

post-12470-0-53445500-1378591499_thumb.j