Sign in to follow this  
Montrose1100

Guilty Pleasures: Movies/Music

Guilty pleasures in music? Definitely the Meco remixes of things like Star Wars, Star Trek, and Superman ("Star Wars & Other Galactic Funk", cover has a woman in a posture dangerously close to twerking)

Why am I just now finding this thread... lol

Love me some Whispers... One of their band guys is my old boss's Babydaddy, and their manager is a good friend  :)

this week it's been The Whispers

• Like 1

On 6/2/2016 at 3:05 PM, Montrose1100 said:

Current obsession. It's dark and very slightly reminds me of Mazzy Star. I know that may seem far fetched considering the artist... But it does.

https://youtu.be/Sl7weoMRqKU

I was taken aback hearing her cover Tame Impala on the album.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2014 at 5:02 AM, John Rich said:

There's no reason to feel guilty about liking something.  Enjoy it.  Who cares what other people think of what you like.  It's none of their business.  Like what you like, and don't let peer pressure make you believe you shouldn't.  Don't be guilty, be happy.

That is too true. Too many of us are not living our fullest lives because we are too worried about what other people are going to think about our choices and so we let go of what we really want in favor of what society says is good for us. So sad...

I'm not ashamed to admit it, but every few months I watch the Harry Potter movies all over again from the first one to the last. I don't know why but they never get old for me and they are always as exciting as they were when I first watched them.

A few new Houston rappers

OGSHYNE:

Wes Blanco

Chief Aleel 

Edited by TowerSpotter

I can't say I'm guilty about it, but I  am frequently mocked for my thing for Jason Statham movies. And yes I watched Expendables 2 the first day it appeared on the  Netflix stream. OK a little guilty about that.

Driving home a couple of days ago KTRU  96.1 played this song and I loved it, had to Shazam it. Jamila Woods - Octavia