Gazebo Restaurant At 3015 Bagby St.

Chi-Char-Hou-Dal

http://swamplot.com/a-substandard-structure-to-become-sterling-house-bar-in-midtown/2013-08-26/

VIA SWAMPLOT

WOW

This wobbly 108-year-old house in Midtown, remodeled in 1999, might be fixed up one more time and converted into a bar. Or it might be demolished to make room for something new, says the reader who sends this photo and word of a recently secured TABC license for the so-called Sterling House here at 3015 Bagby St., just 1 block north of Elgin. The 1905 2,850-sq.-ft. house, sitting on a 4,918-sq.-ft. lot at the corner of Bagby and Rosalie, changed hands back in 2009, but it appears to have been waiting around for something to happen since then.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sterling House bar is going to be a low key beer bar - with large patio and grass yard. No food, but definitely not a club.

Owned by same guys that opened the new OTC bar. Spoke with the owner and I think it will fit well in the neighborhood.

Construction has picked up a lot lately and they should be open late Spring/Summer 14

• 1 month later...

I wondered over the idea to "not have food" didn't really work well for Boheme till the food trucks came on scene. Still wondering a bit  a bit over parking--I notice OTC is doing that double decker parking-- hard to know how many spaces they will be required to provide.

Looks like my intel was wrong - new owner of OTC midtown unsure if this was in the sale of OTC

Can be anything you want it to be...

hmmmmmmmmmmm sort of--

apparently it can't be a bar,anymore-

Avondale (not within Avondale area but has peaked interest of a few residents) heard from the Mayors Citizens Assistance Office after inquiries were made over parking availability--

". . . it (3015 Bagby) was rejected as a bar not enough parking, but will be residential. . . . . Anything north of McGowan is exempt from parking requirements because they are considred downtown, and the OTC, the one that has the lifts on Baby is out of compliance since they have added more building."

so what will it be?

Edited by trymahjong

• 1 year later...

Here's a CultureMap article from September with more info on the progress:

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/09-18-15-landlord-seeks-ambitious-restaurateur-to-give-life-to-historic-midtown-home-1/

Anything new on this? All the signs are down ad the property is looking much nicer. New rebar is down for a new driveway. Also the broker took down the listing

http://www.watermansteele.com/#!midtown-restaurant-3015-bagby/c4zs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was looking around and found this:

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/09-18-15-landlord-seeks-ambitious-restaurateur-to-give-life-to-historic-midtown-home-1/

I have doubts about any restaurant or bar getting enough parking ( the new Montrose Management Parking district doesn't extend that far)   to secure a liquor license though.......

the rumor around Avondale is that it will probably end up as a Real Estate office-

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2016 at 3:48 PM, Chi-Char-Hou-Dal said:

Spoke with owner - getting close to opening - will be called Sterling House - neighborhood bar & grill - said St. Dane's was bought out by stripcetner next door. Entire plaza with maple leaf will be re done.

Any clues as to how it will be redone? 

Hey - his name is Amir and he's there about all day and night recently - white suv - should be easy to spot this week as it seems they are really getting close to opening. 

For or what it's worth he said a lot of things that impressed me about fitting in the neighborhood and how he isn't trying to force his vision on the place rather let the hood dictate what kind of place it becomes.

Best.

• 2 years later...