New ABC 13 Eyewitness News at 6:30 Newscast

Chris

If anyone else watched the news at 6 today it was very different. Dave Ward and Gina Gaston anchor the first half, and Erik Barajas and Illona Carson anchor the second half. It's very interesting. They even have their own little talent montage graphic along with some new segment graphics for Tim Heller and Greg Bailey. Overall it's very nice, very non traditional format, great job KTRK!!, what's next!!!

Noticed the 6:30 thing this week, I wonder if it's because the olds tune into 6pm, then tune out at 6:30, and they're just using cheaper talent and trying to attract a younger audience (who doesn't get home by 6 anyway) with the younger anchors in a more casual delivery.

At the risk of embarrasment because I'm not elderly  and actually watch local news, I would add:

a)  Wayne Dolcefino, I miss you: you sweaty, high-pitched  bastard you

B) Tim Heller-san is a master of weather hands, I am convinced he must make big $ doing weather hands choreography seminars at whatever conventions those dudes have

c) Art Rascon needs to STFU with his improv chit chat and I have an irrational, undefined irritation with him.  He doesn't belong on the desk. Tom abrams is the lead anchor in- waiting, by a long shot. I'm sure Art is a cool dude but is better in the field.

d) Bob polish or czech-name, the number 2 sports guy, reminds me a lot of RedScare. Squinty and tan, always looks like he was just doing something outside. He's has a freindly, open face and demeanor and seems to actually really like sports.  I was sad they didn't give him the top spot after Bob Allen left. I feel bad I don't remember his last name.

As you can plainly see, I am unemployed. My next post I'll deconstruct the 3 pm slot: Katie v. Ellen. Let's just say they are both a grave disappointment compared to when I was last unemployed and Tyra Banks was on. Loved Tyra.

Crunchtastic, KTRK 13 is likely keeping their 6pm full-hour newscast for a long time.

I have a solution though:

1. Get rid of those stupid infomercials and replace it with the Million Dollar Movie for Sunday afternoons.

2. Bring back the old Circle 13 logo from 1973

3. Whenever they do those "Eyewitness News Updates, have the background of the enlarged Texas state flag with the Circle 13 logo and the ABC logo as the ground, with the 13 logo going towards you as they turn to one of the news anchors delivering an update.

4. Bring back the News Series 2000 music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL86KEJJCCE

d) Bob polish or czech-name, the number 2 sports guy, reminds me a lot of RedScare. Squinty and tan, always looks like he was just doing something outside. He's has a freindly, open face and demeanor and seems to actually really like sports.  I was sad they didn't give him the top spot after Bob Allen left. I feel bad I don't remember his last name.

As you can plainly see, I am unemployed. My next post I'll deconstruct the 3 pm slot: Katie v. Ellen. Let's just say they are both a grave disappointment compared to when I was last unemployed and Tyra Banks was on. Loved Tyra.

There are worse people to be compared to than Bob Slovak. Like the Unabomber. Or Billy Ray Cyrus.

BOB-SLOVAK.jpg

I must protest, however. I am not polish/czech. And my hair has not been that color since I was 14. Other than that, I'm good.     :)

Archived