Jump to content

Development List For Buildings In Houston


Urbannizer

Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...

Bisnow article about Houston Retail Demand & Construction.....

"Houston is outpacing all other U.S. major metros when it comes to retail demand and construction deliveries, according to CBRE's latest market analysis— one of a pair of new reports indicating the city is poised for a strong retail rebound going into 2022."

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/retail/two-submarkets-help-buoy-houston-into-stronger-2022-retail-market-111561

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll be visiting Houston in late April. I definitely have a few projects I want to see like Montrose Collective, Post HTX, and the Ion. Anything else I should see? I'll be bringing my camera and taking pictures. Also off topic for this thread, but any new restaurants I should try? I'm sure there's been a bunch of new places popping up since I left Jan. of 2021. Also if anyone is interested in meeting up, I'm game for that as well.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 10:55 AM, Luminare said:

I'll be visiting Houston in late April. I definitely have a few projects I want to see like Montrose Collective, Post HTX, and the Ion. Anything else I should see? I'll be bringing my camera and taking pictures. Also off topic for this thread, but any new restaurants I should try? I'm sure there's been a bunch of new places popping up since I left Jan. of 2021. Also if anyone is interested in meeting up, I'm game for that as well.

Have you seen the Kinder MFAH? Think it opened late 2020

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Naviguessor said:

While in the Museum district, you shouldn't miss the Menil Drawing Institute and the Rothko Chapel, Visitor Center and new landscaping.  

Yes, Rothko was still closed before I left. I actually was at the grand opening week for the Menil Drawing Institute, but will be doing a walk through my old hood (Montrose).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 10:55 AM, Luminare said:

I'll be visiting Houston in late April. I definitely have a few projects I want to see like Montrose Collective, Post HTX, and the Ion. Anything else I should see? I'll be bringing my camera and taking pictures. Also off topic for this thread, but any new restaurants I should try? I'm sure there's been a bunch of new places popping up since I left Jan. of 2021. Also if anyone is interested in meeting up, I'm game for that as well.

Make sure you swing through Memorial Park to see the progress there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Where are Houston's Fortune 500 companies?

"Downtown maintained its status as the top location for Houston’s Fortune 500 companies, although north Houston just made two big scores with Exxon Mobil and Hewlett Packard Enterprise."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/texas-inc/article/where-are-houston-fortune-500-companies-located-16933965.php

jgBZYdF.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Where are Houston's Fortune 500 companies?

"Downtown maintained its status as the top location for Houston’s Fortune 500 companies, although north Houston just made two big scores with Exxon Mobil and Hewlett Packard Enterprise."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/texas-inc/article/where-are-houston-fortune-500-companies-located-16933965.php

jgBZYdF.jpg

Wow.  Ten downtown.  That is almost certainly second only to NYC.  (FWIW, Dallas has 4 downtown and 2 in Uptown.  Chicago has about 7 downtown.  Atlanta has 2 downtown and 1 in Midtown.)

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2/25/2022 at 1:45 PM, Houston19514 said:

Wow.  Ten downtown.  That is almost certainly second only to NYC.  (FWIW, Dallas has 4 downtown and 2 in Uptown.  Chicago has about 7 downtown.  Atlanta has 2 downtown and 1 in Midtown.)

Dallas almost can't be compared, because a lot of companies are in those suburban places north and west of the city. I would not be surprised if Frisco and Westlake rival Downtown.

And Exxon Mobil should not be on the list till next year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Houston built 72,000 luxury units in the last decade, according to data from Storage Cafe, in a national market that is largely only building new luxury complexes. That was enough to beat its next closest competitors, New York City (61,000 units) and Austin (59,000 units)."

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/multifamily/as-inflation-rises-houston-has-built-the-highest-number-of-luxury-apartments-in-the-country-113902

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Clearly we are moving into a recession next quarter. If anyone wants to disagree you are free to do so, but this will not be my question to you guys. We have been lucky thus far to see a string of project activations when in past cycles even the slightest sniff of a recession brought a wave of cancellations. What are still some projects out there that are close to activation, but need to activate now, or they will be likely canceled in the next 3-6 months? Curious as my focus has been off the Houston market for awhile now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Luminare what I’ve heard from clients is: they’re wanting to get started on projects so that when they are completed we will be emerging/have emerged from recession… seems many are thinking that it won’t be as deep or painful as others.   Only time will tell?

Edited by arche_757
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2022 at 8:48 PM, arche_757 said:

@Luminare what I’ve heard from clients is: they’re wanting to get started on projects so that when they are completed we will be emerging/have emerged from recession… seems many are thinking that it won’t be as deep or painful as others.   Only time will tell?

Seems to make sense. I bet many developers because of covid lockdowns had a bunch of projects in inventory that they need to offload. Even with FED rates rising, real rates are still ridiculously low, so even with lead times through the roof, and material prices through the roof, it still pays to take construction loans. Real estate while starting to drop is still way up as well. I do see this window closing sooner rather than later. I'm just glad projects are still activating. These days, take what you can when you can seems to be the truism.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...