Development List For Buildings In Houston

Urbannizer

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/10/hines-poised-to-become-a-major-mixed-use-player-in.html

With this mix of office, residential, multifamily and retail capabilities and experience, Hines is poised to become a major mixed-use player in Houston. The company isn’t ready to share any details about future projects, but told the Houston Business Journal to stay tuned.
  • Like 5

Sounds like something in the inner-loop. (Sorry for weird format).

Hines isn’t looking to build mixed-use projects for the sake of building mixed-use projects, Batchelor said. The developer will look at all the possible uses for a piece of land and if the opportunity presents itself, Hines will develop a “connected mix of uses” for the site, he said.

Hines also plans to focus on building mixed-use projects in existing neighborhoods instead of creating walkable, urban environments from scratch. These neighborhoods should ideally be walkable to restaurants, shops, nightlife, grocery stores and public transit, officials said.

“It’s hard to create that urban environment and that sense of community in a suburban setting,” said Kenton McKeehan, Hines’ managing director overseeing retail.

Edited by Triton

I would love Hines to develop Northwest Mall it a great location and it a pretty big space for development.

But I would not be surprised if Hines is developing in montrose I remember hearing they want to do a project in that area.

• Like 1

These neighborhoods should ideally be walkable to restaurants, shops, nightlife, grocery stores and public transit, officials said.

Almost sounds like they are talking about Midtown. Perhaps somewhere near Wheeler station?

I believe that Hines is going to create a mixed use development with the Menil on one of the sites between Richmond Hall and

Mandell and Richmond and West Main. Theres already talk of a mid rise across from Imprint on West Main.

It would be a great location and hopefullly on the University Line someday.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...