Development List For Buildings In Houston

Urbannizer

Hotel Allesandra

Finger Ballpark residential

Hines Main tower

Skanska tower replacing Houston Club

Market Square tower (Hines or Finger, can't remember)

Alliance residential

Cultural Heritage Center near the ballpark

Macy's replacement (forgot the name, sorry)

GRB renovations

Texaco building renovation

Savoy building renovation

Old Central Bank building renovation

I know I'm missing like two or three other projects for downtown, I've never seen it like this before!

Is this article a canary in the coal mine that things are going to slow down in Houston soon and are we about to see the new buildings slow to a trickle?

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2014/04/energy-execs-more-pessimistic-about-future.html

No our onshore energy industry is booming while offshore declines until 2018 when LNG takes off. It'll stay at equilibrium. Our imports (offshore) will decline and our exports (again offshore) won't really take off until LNG infrastructure is ready in 2018. Our energy companies have spent the last few decades investing heavily into domestic onshore, now we're planting seeds in our offshore markets too. It will take off, just be patient.

All the construction activity will be needed.

• Like 1

Some of the colors have been adjusted to make it easier to see.  I don't exactly know how accurate the height of the Crawford apts are.  I used the rendering and the photo to guesstimate.  In the rendering it's a lil bit shorter than the Inn at the Ballpark. The photo gave me an idea that since it's a block behind the 4story bldg it may not look like 3 stories taller.  The structure is 120 ft tall in the original that I posted, granted that may be a lil high.   Realistically 10-12 foot residential floors plus the small decorative top would still only put the apts shy of 100' so I went back and scaled them down to 100 for optimistic purposes :).

11522423356_52c7558618_o.jpg

c0ee.jpg?t=1265011735

post-13011-0-36328200-1396836743_thumb.j

post-13011-0-53355200-1396836744_thumb.j

post-13011-0-15640900-1396836746_thumb.j

post-13011-0-55125500-1396836749_thumb.j

post-13011-0-96715400-1396836750_thumb.j

post-13011-0-04315900-1396836752_thumb.j

post-13011-0-19257900-1396836753_thumb.j

post-13011-0-63575900-1396836754_thumb.j

post-13011-0-48247400-1396836756_thumb.j

post-13011-0-13085500-1396836758_thumb.j

• Like 3

Thanks.

Whoops. I forgot the south side.

Skyhouse Houston. Alliance multifamily. Hilcorp headquarters. 609 Main. 500 Crawford.

So five are under construction.

One demo which will be Capitol Tower.

And then Marriott which is groundbreaking this Friday.

The north maybe the most interesting view but my favorite view has long been from the south east.

Love that view from UH. The density really shows from there.

I also like the view from midtown.

My least favorite view is the one the show constantly on the news and on commercials- the view from the west/ ET park.

That side is like a wall of six or seven tall buildings and it looks like there is nothing in between makes Houston look like Lincoln Nebraska.

I like the views coming in from 288 too. From as far back as the beltway.

• Like 1

I like the views coming in from 288 too. From as far back as the beltway.

Except for the hellish traffic, that's the one thing I'll miss about living in Pearland near 288. The view of downtown, the Galleria, Reliant park, and the medical center was just incredible everytime you travelled on an overpass on 288. 

• Like 1

Haha, thanks for the comments yall! I was procrastinating a jazz test online lol, got an A, so no worries.  Lemme know if I've missed anything or would like to see something added. All I need is a height and address for the most part.  

• Like 1

Haha, thanks for the comments yall! I was procrastinating a jazz test online lol, got an A, so no worries.  Lemme know if I've missed anything or would like to see something added. All I need is a height and address for the most part.  

Hmmmm... Is it possible to label them? I pretty much know most of them but there are maybe 2 im not sure of.  Great work BTW! I love stuff like this

Here's a development map for all of Houston. The best thing about it is that anyone can add a project to the map, and it's pretty easy to use. I've added quite a few, hope you guys contribute as well. :)

http://devmap.io/cities/houston/developments

I am the owner / builder of http://devmap.io and I'm really excited to see all of your contributions! Please feel free to give any feedback / suggestions, I want to make devmap.io a really simple, collaborative reference for all things development. Also, if you'd like an easier to remember way to get to Houston's map you can use http://houston.devmap.io.

• Like 5

Looking at that development map and then looking at what all is happening in Atlanta and I must admit I'm actually bummed we don't have some more significant buildings being built here.  Seems like the same tired old cliche about Houston architecture being true...  Take away what Hines is doing and its really quite sad actually considering just HOW much money is being pumped into this city.

Looking at that development map and then looking at what all is happening in Atlanta and I must admit I'm actually bummed we don't have some more significant buildings being built here.  Seems like the same tired old cliche about Houston architecture being true...  Take away what Hines is doing and its really quite sad actually considering just HOW much money is being pumped into this city.

Can you post a couple of examples or a link to whats going on in Atlanta? Can we hope for more with HOK - Chevron Tower?

Oil and Gas companies just tend to be extremely conservative. It would be nice to see some development from another source - hoping to see some really groundbreaking (pun intended) designs that are attention grabbing. Hotel Alessandra / 609 Main will help. Even the Weslyan tower will help. The ante in Houston needs to be upped. If this economic success can be sustained, we may be lucky enough to see something.

Another thought to keep in mind, the buildings we are seeing are about 1-3 years old. That is right when the economy was picking back up. I hope the next few years we will see the product of serious investment and creativity.

I guess I'm just bummed that ATL's downtown has a lot more residential than Houston.  Their residential buildings - and a few commercial buildings are more innovative than just about anything we have.  Go click on the map and center around the Downtown area, they have a lot of nice proposals under works.

609 is nice - but I would hardly call it ground breaking (considering Hines did Pennzoil/Transco/Republic Bank).  Hotel Alessandra is nice too.  All the buildings except Chevron in Downtown are spec buildings, so I won't blame oil companies conservative design nature (if they are indeed) on those.

Honestly, I'm actually pretty impressed with the state of Houston development. I wasn't expecting to see as many strong proposals as I did. I'm also jealous of the grid. Atlanta's is inconsistent at best which makes for some interesting challenges when it comes to building a lively urban area.