Development List For Buildings In Houston

Urbannizer

not really.. if you havent seen/heard this.. heres this little tidbit showing the city obviously hard at work to make this retail district a reality.

From an email I received:

" In January 2013, Mayor Parker announced the formation of a Downtown Retail Task Force to research available retail opportunities and consider physical and policy changes needed to address challenges currently impacting Downtown's consumer appeal, ease of shopping, recruitment, commerce and ability to attract retailers.

Later that year, the Task Force issued a report which concluded that market demand exists for urban lifestyle options with a mix of hard and soft goods retailers, food and entertainment within an urban shopping district. It also determined that an important factor for success is establishing a critical mass of retailer space by securing commitments from property owners to participate in development, coordinated management, leasing and promotion of the shopping district.

Yesterday's action item acquired full Board approval to execute the Memorandum of Understanding and initiate a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the redevelopment of 1010 Lamar and 1111 Main Street. The RFQ for the redevelopment of the Site will seek a developer and design team to develop, own and operate a mixed-use development at the current location of the Garage Facility and the ground floor and second floor of the Office Building in accordance with minimum requirements established in the RFQ document."

It's still on the map, just they have their layers ordered in a non-ideal manner so you can't click on it for details.  It's still listed in the "grid view", and there you can click on it.

yeah I found that rather annoying.... Just cut out the block where the red sits on the orange should fix that.

Interesting how they no longer even bother listing the Chevron Tower, Five Allen Center, Six Houston Center, or the International Tower/One Market Square, and for the Capitol Tower they are only mentioning the parking garage.  I wonder if this was to indicate that they don't expect them to be built, or they just ran out of space on the sheet and pushed off the less-likely (in the near-term) buildings.

• Like 2

...and for the Capitol Tower they are only mentioning the parking garage. 

Well, they changed the color of Capitol Tower from "office orange" to "everything else yellow".

I would bet that Skanska is keeping their powder dry on that one and waiting for another upswing.

Not exactly a bad thing. A mini cool off would do the market some good after it was so red hot for so long. I also think this would be a good for when the city starts putting out more details about their General Plan. Hopefully when the next cycle kicks in it's in line with that new General Plan.

I was hoping that the rumor that the space next to hearsay in market square was a subway was just that..sadly They have already started slapping subway signs on it....who walks around that area and says " you know the subway franchise in DT are under served, I know there is a subway literally right down the block, not even a full block" waste of space that could have been one more bar in DT houston growing bar scene

• Like 2

Final numbers on 2014 showed Houston with 2.994 million jobs in December - an upward revision of about 50,000 that was not nearly as spectacular as the upward revision for Dallas. Houston ended up gaining 107,000 jobs on the year. January showed a drop to 2.946 million, but that's probably seasonal.

• Like 2