Development List For Buildings In Houston

Urbannizer

- 1717 Bissonnet moved from u/c to proposed (on-hold again).

New to the list:

- "Landmark Tower", 37-story Hanover residential tower. Re-appeared on the latest plans for BLVD Place.

- Kingwood Parc Office Tower  

- 4477 W. Sam Houston Parkway North

- Midtown Office Tower (rendering n/a)

Is there a link for the 37 story hanover?

I searched it up on google and I found an article from chron.com (link below) which stated that the project would be set to open in 2011. Was it delayed since then?

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/37-story-building-with-236-apartments-to-soar-in-1752784.php

Edited by Sky-guy

Is there a link for the 37 story hanover?

I searched it up on google and I found an article from chron.com (link below) which stated that the project would be set to open in 2011. Was it delayed since then?

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/37-story-building-with-236-apartments-to-soar-in-1752784.php

its discussed a little in the BLVD Place updates thread in this section. it was shelved when the economy collapsed but has recently appeared again in the updated plans for BLVD Place.

yes, the 29 story tower in that proposal that has 4 flared out sections on one side was supposed to have broken ground. i drove by the site to look at the Sovereigns progress and kind of forgot to check this out until we drove back down allen parkway but i noticed a mobile crane on the site.

yes, the 29 story tower in that proposal that has 4 flared out sections on one side was supposed to have broken ground. i drove by the site to look at the Sovereigns progress and kind of forgot to check this out until we drove back down allen parkway but i noticed a mobile crane on the site.

I'm pretty sure the sovereign is phase 1 and according to an HBJ article from eaelyer this year, plans were made to begin phase 2. A cinema and a few other things.

Here's the link:

http://m.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2013/02/regent-square-to-roll-out-phase-two.html?r=full

The Regent Square office tower is still in the proposal section because were not sure if it's u/c or not. A 2Q summary report said construction had begun in August.

Are you sure? I don't think a construction date was ever given for the 28-story residential tower.

I believe so. But I'm not positive.

All of Regent Square is still a go, being built in phases.

• Like 1

The Regent Square office tower is still in the proposal section because were not sure if it's u/c or not. A 2Q summary report said construction had begun in August.

Are you sure? I don't think a construction date was ever given for the 28-story residential tower.

All of Regent Square is still a go, being built in phases.

nvm.. key word, OFFICE TOWER. heh. i was thinking the new tower that was supposed to start in august was the other residential tower. i guess its one of the low rise office buildings then along Allen Pkwy? i didnt think there were office buildings planned along W Dallas where that mobile crane was located?

Edited by cloud713

nvm.. key word, OFFICE TOWER. heh. i was thinking the new tower that was supposed to start in august was the other residential tower. i guess its one of the low rise office buildings then along Allen Pkwy? i didnt think there were office buildings planned along W Dallas where that mobile crane was located?

First it is apartments and retail that they are currently working on; nothing has been said about office space being started yet. What they seem to be starting is the park square in the rendering, although the rendering really isn't accurate anymore. The Sovereign was initially deemed phase 1 of Regent Square because it looks like the site is situated where some mid rise apartments were planned. Then in March or whenever they announced that phase 2 was going forward, but somewhere in there the Sovereign was separated from Regent Square as seen from their webpage. That's why it seems like they are just now working on phase 1, although they've had some of that equipment on the site for months.

What they just recently started, and seems to be phase 1 of the actual Regent Square development:

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2013/02/regent-square-to-roll-out-phase-two.html

What they said was phase 1:

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/print-edition/2012/06/01/regent-square-gets-new-lease-on-life.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would be interested in seeing the amount of square footage under construction and see if Houston moves up the lists of total office space markets. Personally I would like to see Houston eclipse Dallas in office space and eclipse Dallas Ft. Worth in population.

Dallas has more office space than Houston? I think your mistaken, but maybe I am. Downtown Houston has like 46m sq ft of office space. I think dtd has somewhere in the low 30s. Maybe their suburbs have that much more office space than ours, but I find that hard to bslieve