WIll Braes Bayou Ever See Any More Development?

cloud713

Oh for sure man, I think maybe some midrise residential's might go up alongs the Bray's Bayou and even some highrises. Although we hear news on development happening in just about every edge of the city. It's just a matter of time about when we will hear something happening by the Bray's Bayou from TMC and Almeda.

This bisnow article says that the site at Cambridge & Holcombe will be developed with a highrise.

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/multifamily-monday-private-equity-goes-suburban/

"And in a few weeks, they're bringing to market a Med Center site—pictured, two acres at Cambridge and Holcombe—that'll see high-rise development (they've already received hotel and multifamily offers)."

post-10607-0-33132800-1376954779.jpg

It's a little further west, but I'm curious about 7200 Main St, several acres of land owned by "7200 Main Corporation" since the mid-80's and slowly cleared of structures.  Some quick digging around shows it is linked to Coventry Development Corporation.  I don't know much about them but they are behind Springwoods Village.  This parcel isn't adjacent to Hermann Park but it's definitely a decent location.  Guess it could be years more before anything happens there, but you'd think with Houston's current boom it could be sooner rather than later - looks like the last structures to be demolished were ~2007

NW corner is park land

SW corner is a strip mall

NE corner is part of the Dominican Sister's convent

SE corner is owned by TMC (the old Nabisco plant?)

oops, i should have specified NW side, along the Bayou. so theres no chance of anything being developed on the NW corner? i wonder how The Spires got their plot of land in the middle of the park/trail system.

is the wooded area further north along Almeda (on the west side), but south of MacGregor parkland too or is it developable? right next to that newer suspension bridge they built for pedestrians across the bayou?

http://houstonparksboard.org/projects/

I'm assuming that map is accurate, and it shows it all as being park land

When in doubt, if you know the approximate address you can typically check hcad as well

thanks. looks like your right and its all park land. kind of a bummer.. i wish they could have towers going up toward The Mosaic towers, to make a loop around the park. it looks like ill have to live with a couple developments to the west of the Spires, and the new tower(s?) on the north side of the park at the TEMA site. they should be nice bookends to the park i suppose.

• 4 months later...

It's a little further west, but I'm curious about 7200 Main St, several acres of land owned by "7200 Main Corporation" since the mid-80's and slowly cleared of structures.  Some quick digging around shows it is linked to Coventry Development Corporation.  I don't know much about them but they are behind Springwoods Village.  This parcel isn't adjacent to Hermann Park but it's definitely a decent location.  Guess it could be years more before anything happens there, but you'd think with Houston's current boom it could be sooner rather than later - looks like the last structures to be demolished were ~2007

Maybe something is happening on this particular plot sooner than later...  Guess we can assume more apartments?

http://swamplot.com/developers-of-springwoods-village-working-out-kinks-for-something-near-the-med-center/2014-01-17/

• The title was changed to WIll Braes Bayou Ever See Any More Development?

Archived