Elan Memorial Park & The Westcott Memorial Park On Westcott St.

Urbannizer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'd think maintaining visibility for motorists and cyclists is of greater concern.

Yeah I'm sure that tree helps...

Putting in some beautiful flowers or a small fountain shouldn't hurt. Are the flower beds and stainless steel arches/street signs a big distraction in Uptown?

Edit: it doesn't have to be a tall obelisk to be spectacular. A gorgeous flower arrangement could be executed quite nicely. It's a unique area of town.

Edited by Montrose1100

Yeah I'm sure that tree helps...

Putting in some beautiful flowers or a small fountain shouldn't hurt. Are the flower beds and stainless steel arches/street signs a big distraction in Uptown?

Edit: it doesn't have to be a tall obelisk to be spectacular. A gorgeous flower arrangement could be executed quite nicely. It's a unique area of town.

I would like to have some sort of art installation or contemporary art statue like that one orange curvy statue that is in downtown San Antonio. An important part of helping to give areas more identity is creating landmark type objects. That Live Oak while very nice and certainly very old doesn't really separate the area or that tree from other oaks that are around. Montrose you are right too in your response that the tree doesn't help with visibility at all and shouldn't be an excuse to keep it. Plus thats not how traffic circles work anyway. You visibility should be on the road right in front of you. There are signs that tell you which road is which both at the circle and ahead of time.

The circle though should be utilized to create something unique for the area that will both give something special to the community, but also aid drivers once at the circle. Like maybe further illustrate the direction of the circle or help clearly identify which street is which or help show what is further ahead without the need for the driver to look for themselves.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry man, I honestly hate it. They could've done something really nice (brick or stone) on this corner but nope, this s*** is weak

There are some excuses for this color. If it's Russia, the Victorian house calls for it in the color palette, or it's close to a natural body of water with an equally vibrate blue color.

• 1 month later...

Oh my god that green! This isn't a hot take; that color is just the worst.

haha that is the exact color of the pops of color in my otherwise dark gray apartment (accent pillows, chair, candles etc) haha!!!

doh!

:huh:  ^_^