Two Hermann Place & Three Herman Place: High-Rises At 1661 Hermann Dr.

ClutchCity

I was actually hoping for more of a "art" piece for the museum district, and would have preferred more of a twist. This is not bad at all however.

agreed but it could of been a lot worse. this is a slick looking tower.. some of the twisting towers dont look very good IMO.

its not the corner of Parklane? the rounded edge sticking in the upper right of the picture? the corners on Parklane are rounded like that..

It is definitely The Parklane.

The lowrise building on the left is The Plaza Museum District. In the background, the brick building is Museum Tower on Montrose with the corner of the Diagnostic Clinic on Binz visible on the edge of the rendering.

This rendering is from the pocket of Hermann Park behind the 17th tee box on the golf course.

• Like 1

I'd say it has more of a slant on the sides than a twist but that's just me.  I like the building and hope to see it go up.  Hope we get a residential tower like this (40+ stories) to go up in downtown soon.  (I know there are proposals floating around but they're just that until otherwise proven)

• Like 2

I think that the perspective of the first rendering gives an impretions that it is leaning/tilting more that it really is.  It won't actually be as precarious as it seems in the the rendering, once built. 

swtsig - You know for a fact that the Hines Deal is in-the-bag?  I am quite sure if Hines is doing it...that it is.  There is no developer more trustworthy in this town.    

I think that the perspective of the first rendering gives an impretions that it is leaning/tilting more that it really is.  It won't actually be as precarious as it seems in the the rendering, once built. 

I think the precariousness of it is going to be dependent on the angle. The angle in the second rendering is not very flattering if you're looking for something dramatic.

not yet. word is that it will be 30 stories though (the Market Square residential tower).

so anyone know what im talking about with the TEMA development plan having 3 towers? i wonder if the third tower would be even taller since it would stand between this and the Parklane..?

Edited by cloud713

not yet. word is that it will be 30 stories though.

so anyone know what im talking about with the TEMA development plan having 3 towers? i wonder if the third would be even taller since it would stand between this and the Parklane..?

When The Parklane was originally built, the plan was for three towers. However, the 80s oil glut happened and only one building was built.

No idea whether or not a third tower is planned at this point, but there is room for one.

• Like 1