ClutchCity

Two Hermann Place & Three Herman Place: New High-Rises in the Museum District

Recommended Posts

On 12/11/2014 at 3:55 PM, cloud713 said:

Still on the boards, as part of their "6 year development timeline".

Also a 20ish story residential high rise planned for behind the Residences.

"Tema plans to develop the property in three phases. Here is what's planned for the site:

Hermann Park Residences (final name pending): The seven-story, 224-unit luxury apartment complex will sit on 2.25 acres just east of The Parklane and feature high-end fit and finishes and amenities, including a sky lounge overlooking Hermann Park. The project is scheduled for completion in late 2016.

A high-rise residential tower is planned for a 2.19-acre parcel east of Hermann Park Residences. Tema had announced plans for a 42-story tower last year, but the company is stepping back on that phase of the project to focus on Hermann Park Residences, which is admittedly "less risky" and will be delivered faster, Haidar said. The tower will ultimately be between 35 and 50 stories.

Another mid-rise apartment complex — about 20 stories tall — is planned behind Hermann Park Residences. Its size will be in between the other two projects, Haidar said."

http://m.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2014/12/11/developer-restarts-waylaid-plans-for-residential.html


Looks like they added 10 floors to this tower from their original plans. Maybe that means the other tower will end up closer to 50 stories?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cloud713 said:


Looks like they added 10 floors to this tower from their original plans. Maybe that means the other tower will end up closer to 50 stories?

Why not? 

 

Edit: Apparently, I can’t figure out how to do gifs with posts. I wanted to get Cyrus from The Warriors’ “can you dig it” gif. 

Edited by houstontexasjack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stakes with caution tape have been placed on the side of the property where the twisty tower (not the more recent rendering of Two Hermann Place) would be.  Not sure if this would be to prevent damage to trees by providing corridors for construction equipment.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 2:57 PM, houstontexasjack said:

Stakes with caution tape have been placed on the side of the property where the twisty tower (not the more recent rendering of Two Hermann Place) would be.  Not sure if this would be to prevent damage to trees by providing corridors for construction equipment.

 

They seem to be using this for overflow parking for somewhere (the park I'm guessing, or less likely the Health Museum?) right now, with the yellow tape delineating where to park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, treblelino said:

Boring.

 

you're such a strong contributor to this site. thank you for all your contributions... not sure how we'd function without them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go to NYC, and review every individual building that is standing, most are not award winning designs or classic examples of great architecture but a mish mash of styles, periods and great buildings. The incredible massing and  density with  variation of heights and styles is what makes it so impressive.

So every building doesn't have to be great to help increase our density which will go farther in the overall texture of the city. I wish all of the buildings were well designed and thoughtfully conceived, but this is the real world and there are too many average developers that just don't care.

In five years the midtown med center and upper Kirby areas are going to really start filling in with midsize high-rises. You can already feel the difference when looking over the area. This next phase of buildings going up in these areas are truly going to change the feel.

Hanover West Gray

Hanover River Oaks

Hanover Allen Parkway

Hines Allen Parkway

Allen Parkway and Gillette 4 high rises ?

Caydon 1,2,&3

3333 Main

Two Herman Place

Kelvin Village senior High rise

Westcreek

River Oaks development at Alabama and Buffalo Speedway.

 

Just to name a few. This will definitely fill a huge void between downtown , Uptown and the Med Center.

Don't take my word for it. Get in your car and take one of the high overpasses like 288 and 610 going into town and you'll see how its slowly starting to fill in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bobruss said:

If you go to NYC, and review every individual building that is standing, most are not award winning designs or classic examples of great architecture but a mish mash of styles, periods and great buildings. The incredible massing and  density with  variation of heights and styles is what makes it so impressive.

So every building doesn't have to be great to help increase our density which will go farther in the overall texture of the city. I wish all of the buildings were well designed and thoughtfully conceived, but this is the real world and there are too many average developers that just don't care.

In five years the midtown med center and upper Kirby areas are going to really start filling in with midsize high-rises. You can already feel the difference when looking over the area. This next phase of buildings going up in these areas are truly going to change the feel.

Hanover West Gray

Hanover River Oaks

Hanover Allen Parkway

Hines Allen Parkway

Allen Parkway and Gillette 4 high rises ?

Caydon 1,2,&3

3333 Main

Two Herman Place

Kelvin Village senior High rise

Westcreek

River Oaks development at Alabama and Buffalo Speedway.

 

Just to name a few. This will definitely fill a huge void between downtown , Uptown and the Med Center.

Don't take my word for it. Get in your car and take one of the high overpasses like 288 and 610 going into town and you'll see how its slowly starting to fill in.

 

 

I would like this if the like button was working. Just for the record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, urbanize713 said:

Hines Allen Parkway???

I think this might refer to the land off Waugh near the Allen Parkway that Hines acquired.  Hanover Allen Parkway might similarly refer to the land near West Dallas they acquired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I was in a hurry when compiling that list. I didn't have time to look top the exact address but I figured most would have a clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how you show your intelligence by resorting to name-calling and leaving your feelings at the door while being in a forum where people can give their opinion on buildings. Way to go!!

Edited by treblelino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok every one take a time out! I'm tired of all of this crap. lets quit being so mean and childish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting somewhat back on topic, does anyone know how many high rise apartment/condos ring Hermann Park and vicinity?  I can imagine in the not too distant future most of the Park will be rung by highrises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The western side won't due to its proximity to Fannin  and  Main. Then you have Rice University.

The northern end of the park has the most potential for a high density of high and mid rise residential development. 

Of course the south end will continue to see higher density in the med center with taller towers built in place of some of the obsolete facilities that now sit abandoned. Along Almeda eventually more high rises will be built. Its a straight shot downtown and perfectly situated for easy access to 288 and the Med center is a short walk. Hanover recently bought one of the Mosaic towers. They're real positive abot

39 minutes ago, Twinsanity02 said:

Getting somewhat back on topic, does anyone know how many high rise apartment/condos ring Hermann Park and vicinity?  I can imagine in the not too distant future most of the Park will be rung by highrises.

u the area. I see big future for Almeda with some great potential retail locations in older 1 and 2 story building stock. It's the eastern boulevard in the Midtown area and connects everything from downtown to the stadiums.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now