ClutchCity

Two Hermann Place & Three Herman Place: New High-Rises in the Museum District

42 thats going to have a effect

So this is not the one hines is proposing but  another one ? damn at this rate the musuem district will have its own skyline..lol

Edited by Moore713

42 thats going to have a effect

So this is not the one hines is proposing but  another one ? damn at this rate the musuem district will have its own skyline..lol

No, the Hine's one is said to be 22 floors, which is pretty good news because we are getting more towers.

haha yes a new skyline is forming in the museum district.

Edited by TowerSpotter

wow, this is fantastic!

it just hit me.. this should be the tallest residential tower in the city, since 2929 Weslayan was going to be tallest, but its "only" 40 stories.

Edited by cloud713

wow, this is fantastic!

it just hit me.. this should be the tallest residential tower in the city, since 2929 Weslayan was going to be tallest, but its "only" 40 stories.

Possibly. 4 Leaf Towers are +40 floors, but the Huntingdon is taller and has held the title since It's completion.

• Like 1

Hmmmm . . . so many possibilities style-wise . . . This one will stand out as much as (if not more than) 2929 Weslayan . . . The spoiled brat in me wishes this was being built in the CBD. Images from Google.

post-12312-90136_thumb.png

• Like 1

Another possible design parallel? This one is in Mississauga, Ontario (suburb of Toronto). Image from Google.

the Toronto tower didnt show up. i wonder if anyone on HAIF went to that meeting where they showed the design.

theres also the infamous Turning Torso.

hsb-turning-torso.jpg

• Like 2

I prefer something like the Absoluteworld towers in Mississauga, but we'll see!

6935657109_bbe306472b_o.jpg

I like the one on the left better than the taller one.

• Like 1

The tower on the right looks like a snake that just had a meal!

To me it looks like it was a twisting object that someone squeezed from the middle causing it to look mashed.

Edited by TowerSpotter

Ha. I definitely like the one on the left better too. Did anyone go to the town meeting where they discussed this?

I wish I would have gone.

Edited by TowerSpotter

Hi - when I come out to check this blog my expectation is to hear things related to arcitecture and new projects coming to Houston, not how to use English correctly. If you are not going to stick to the purpose of this blog do not make ridiculous comments.

And my expectation when I visit HAIF is that some random FNG has got slightly more snap than thinking he's  entitled to  opine on the rulz his very first post.

Although I must say,  I envy your ability to hear things on HAIF. Most of us only read them.

My "expectation" is to delve into a thread that hasn't gone full retard.

Consider me "disappointed" this time around...

removed unnecessary off topic comments............

• Like 2

I was told that the details regarding this tower should be on the Museum Park Neighborhood Association's website soon.

• Like 7

Looks like this tower has been reduced to 22-stories after concerns that the building will dwarf surrounding buildings:

http://www.museumparkna.org/Resources/Documents/MPNA%20Position%20Statement%20-%20July%2025,%202013.pdf

Edit: I inferred the ''reduced'' part based on the article. I have no inside information aside from what you read on the release.

Edited by wxman

Looks like this tower has been reduced to 22-stories after concerns that the building will dwarf surrounding buildings:

http://www.museumparkna.org/Resources/Documents/MPNA%20Position%20Statement%20-%20July%2025,%202013.pdf

Edit: I inferred the ''reduced'' part based on the article. I have no inside information aside from what you read on the release.

Wrong project. The document is regarding Hines' tower.

• Like 1

Hines' project will be 22 stories.

• Like 1

I was told that the details regarding this tower should be on the Museum Park Neighborhood Association's website soon.

Did they give a time frame as to how soon?

Did they give a time frame as to how soon?

No, but I asked. The meeting was last Wednesday. I also signed up for emails, so I should know the date of the next meeting soon.

• Like 5

First post and new to this forum. ...and here's the rendering for Helix Tower:

That's exactly what the museum district needs.

Thanks for posting!

First post and new to this forum.  ...and here's the rendering for Helix Tower:

Welome and Thanks. This is a marvelous tower. Not what I thought it was going to look like but better.

wait so Helix Tower is the museum district tower? if so i dig it! its not too twisty and odd looking.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 1

Wow I love it!!!

Reminds me of the "Upscale Hotel" proposed way back for BLVD Place, but bigger..I think.  

Nice find!

That's a beautiful building.

I like how well it compliments The Parklane, including some design similarities.

Also, placing it at the corner of Hermann and Jackon makes it right across from the Centennial Gardens parking lot, preserves most of the TEMA lot for future development including the possibility of a third tower as was originally contemplated, doesn't block any significant views from The Parklane (see attached), and shouldn't arouse any NIMBY protests.

Job well done.

post-1190-0-52334600-1376519181_thumb.jp

Edited by nate
  • Like 4

wait so Helix Tower is the museum district tower? if so i dig it! its not too twisty and odd looking.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

I have the same question.

I have the same question.

from the rendering it appears to match all the descriptions. the setting seems fairly accurate (the plot of land, the corner of Parklane on the right, they said the garage would be 5 stories (one below ground) with an amenity deck on the top, so the 4 levels of garage and palm trees on top of the garage seem to indicate its the design described in the Swamplot article.. and the tower is 42 stories if you count.

i think this is our tower.

Edited by cloud713

It's a very Miami-esque condo tower. I'm sure not as grand as we all had imagined, but a fabulous addition to the skyline, and slowly making my dream of Hermann park completely surrounded by condo towers a reality.

Looks like it might be the tallest in the area!

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 4

This has to be our tower, look closely to the top right and you'll find one of Houston's residential buildings and also all the way to left looks to be another one of Houston's residential. 

• Like 1

It's a very Miami-esque condo tower. I'm sure not as grand as we all had imagined, but a fabulous addition to the skyline, and slowly making my dream of Hermann park completely surrounded by condo towers a reality.

Looks like it might be the tallest in the area!

My dream is downtown skyline connected with midtown high rises connected to the museum district towers connected to the med center skyline one day.

ONE HUGE SKYLINE!

• Like 3